There are newer employer reviews for Domino's Pizza UK

If you are desperate

I have been working at Domino's Pizza UK part-time

Pros

It`s informal environment, sometimes free pizza if it is a messed up order. 50 % off everything apart from ice-cream. Mostly friendly colleagues.

Cons

No break out area = no breaks even when you work a 10 hour shift. You have to ask for a break to have an opportunity to have some food. NMW is not not enough for the hard work and work pace. You never know when you finish (not even if you are working 2 or 10 hours on that shift). Highly unorganised manager who often doesn`t put up rota even as late as Sunday night so you don`t know if you are working the Monday after or what time and so you cannot make any plans for social life. Working every single Friday and Saturday. You must have a good reason to ask for a day off.

Have staff give you feedback on store managers cos I think our issue is the manager`s attitude, which is based on improvisation. He often messes up staff days off requests or doesn`t even know who is supposed to work on the day. Having to be open till 5am is absolutely insane as the meagre profit after 3am doesn`t justify the staff wages. Should be paid more after midnight as night supplement.

41 Other Employee Reviews for Domino's Pizza UK (View Most Recent)

The work was not especially demanding but I felt like I was not at all important to anybody in management.

Former Employee - Delivery Driver in Aberystwyth, Wales (UK)
    Former Employee - Delivery Driver in Aberystwyth, Wales (UK)

I worked at Domino's Pizza UK part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The work was fairly straight forward and the hours at my store were quite flexible.

Cons

In the three years I worked at Domino's, I was never offered any opportunities for advancement. My wage was always at NMW level, which I felt was something of an insult considering the potentially dangerous nature of my work as a delivery driver. The driving force behind the running of the store always seemed to be numbers and targets, and never direct customer satisfaction. Employee well-being and safety seemed to be very low on the list of priorities set by Head Office.

Show at least a little bit of respect to the people who do the work. On the several occasions that I had direct contact with anybody from Head Office I was often treated like I didn't really matter - certainly not like a person worth being polite to.

A reasonably social job, but overall very dissatisfying, mind numbing work.

Former Employee - Delivery Driver in Saint Neots, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Delivery Driver in Saint Neots, England (UK)

I worked at Domino's Pizza UK part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Generally flexible hours, good interaction with other employees, easy to work around other jobs/studying. As a CSR, very enjoyable if you're working with friends. As a driver, I enjoyed the freedom of listening to my own music while on deliveries, and enjoying my own company,

Cons

Low pay (minimum wage), difficult to get more house is you need the money (zero-hour contract, or course), and failure to be treated as a person by management. Would like more appreciation for going beyond the call-of-duty, so as not to feel taken for granted.

Treat employees as humans, with interests and needs outside of work. For example if an employee expresses the need for more money, try to give them extra shifts, and if they say they need to leave early, try your best to let them go early, e.g. by maybe doing some actual work yourself, instead of just 'managing'.

There are newer employer reviews for Domino's Pizza UK