Good opportunities to move up

Current Employee - Assistant Manager  in  Houston, TX
Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Houston, TX

I have been working at Domino's full-time for more than a year

Pros

I started here when I was 18 as a driver and just six months later I was promoted to an assistant manager with even more opportunities for growth. I quit after a year to return to school, but I would say my time there was good for a resume considering I was 19 when I left and could say I was an assistant manager.

Cons

The store is very fast paced and you deal with tons of rude customers. The company basically lets customers walk all over you too. Management won't stand up for you even when you've been treated badly just because they don't want to lose any sales. Another con, which may not be a con to some, is that they will ask you to work a lot of over time. I mean, that's great to some people who want the money, but there were some weeks where I didn't have a day off just because other stores were short employees and they desperately needed me to come on.

Treat your employees with some respect. I've been treated badly a few times by customers and haven't had any manager stand up for me. This goes for the district managers as well. I understand it's a business and you want to make money, but you have to consider the emotional well being of your employees.

Other Reviews for Domino's

Good company

Former Employee - Delivery Driver  in  Portland, OR
    Former Employee - Delivery Driver in Portland, OR

I worked at Domino's part-time for less than a year

Pros

Domino's was pretty laid back and fun. Most positions are minimum wage but if you're a driver you can get pretty good tips. Also you get free pizza. No drug test where I worked.

Cons

You have to deal with some customers who are jerks, as with anywhere. How much work you really have to do depends on your manager.

Life changing

Current Employee - Assistant Manager  in  Port Charlotte, FL
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Port Charlotte, FL

I have been working at Domino's full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

good employee relations, great pay and very flexible with scheduling hours to help with your educational goals.

Cons

very rude customers but that is expected at ever job.

Always remain professional be fair and honest with employees and customers.

There are newer employer reviews for Domino's.

Worked for Domino's? Contribute to the Community!