Domino's

There are newer employer reviews for Domino's

Great experience.

Former Employee - Distribution Truck Driver in East Granby, CT
Former Employee - Distribution Truck Driver in East Granby, CT

I worked at Domino's full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great company with a fun company culture. Pay is above average, Where I worked, at the corporate level, in the distribution supply chain, management was always willing to listen and learn from the employees. Always willing to reward outstanding performance with their MVP (Most Valuable Person) program. Plenty of room for advancement, Plenty of smiles from everyone here!

Cons

I don't remember any downsides. I worked as a distribution driver, so the nigh time hours were hard to adjust to at first, but after that I would say there wasn't a downside to working here.

Hire back former employees. Some of us realize we made a mistake by leaving, and we (the former employees) are your best bet for company recruitment.

772 Other Employee Reviews for Domino's (View Most Recent)

BeBestBGre

Current Employee - Delivery Driver
    Current Employee - Delivery Driver

I have been working at Domino's part-time (more than a year)

Pros

Most of the time, tips are great. When we accidentally mess up a pizza, we are allowed to eat it or take it home to our family. The manager says "thank you" a lot. That goes a long way. We get reimbursed for mileage, too. My car gets pretty good mileage, so I actually make a little money with every mile I drive. During the "rush" anywhere from 4pm to about 7pm, on average I make about $10 per hour in tips, plus my cash wage of $4-something an hour in Colorado. When you are not driving and in the store, you get the full Colorado state minimum wage of $7.78 per hour. I've gotten use to buying things with cash rather than just a debit card.

Cons

There are still some customers that don't understand that the $2.50 delivery charge does not go to the driver. I know the website says this, and it is also written on the boxes, but a lot of customers just don't get it. We don't get a commission when we up-sell something. Even if it was just 5 or 10 cents at least it would be some recognition of our efforts. The weekly specials, like the "$3.99 1-topping medium carry-out" is kind of a waste: 1. A lot of the people only show up for this special, then we never see them again. 2. They don't want to buy anything on an up-sell, so there's no profit. 3. All we end up getting is a bunch of stingy, irate customers with a line out the door and have to give a bunch of free pizzas because their orders get messed up or take too long.

1. Get rid of the $3.99, 1-topping carry-out special. 2. Give some sort of commission or bonus for up-selling.

Mentally exhausting

Current Employee - Store Manager
    Current Employee - Store Manager

I have been working at Domino's full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Free food and as a manager I make my own schedule.

Cons

long hours, bad pay, stress, ridiculous expectations, shady business, no vacation/sick days.

Watch who you are giving your franchise licences to. Some franchisees don't want to put the money into the stores for normal maintenance, or show the simplest appreciation to their employees. When corporate inspections come around, many times the store gets blamed things the franny should be responsible for.

There are newer employer reviews for Domino's