BeBestBGre

Current Employee - Delivery Driver
Current Employee - Delivery Driver

I have been working at Domino's part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Most of the time, tips are great. When we accidentally mess up a pizza, we are allowed to eat it or take it home to our family. The manager says "thank you" a lot. That goes a long way. We get reimbursed for mileage, too. My car gets pretty good mileage, so I actually make a little money with every mile I drive. During the "rush" anywhere from 4pm to about 7pm, on average I make about $10 per hour in tips, plus my cash wage of $4-something an hour in Colorado. When you are not driving and in the store, you get the full Colorado state minimum wage of $7.78 per hour. I've gotten use to buying things with cash rather than just a debit card.

Cons

There are still some customers that don't understand that the $2.50 delivery charge does not go to the driver. I know the website says this, and it is also written on the boxes, but a lot of customers just don't get it. We don't get a commission when we up-sell something. Even if it was just 5 or 10 cents at least it would be some recognition of our efforts. The weekly specials, like the "$3.99 1-topping medium carry-out" is kind of a waste: 1. A lot of the people only show up for this special, then we never see them again. 2. They don't want to buy anything on an up-sell, so there's no profit. 3. All we end up getting is a bunch of stingy, irate customers with a line out the door and have to give a bunch of free pizzas because their orders get messed up or take too long.

Advice to Management

1. Get rid of the $3.99, 1-topping carry-out special. 2. Give some sort of commission or bonus for up-selling.

reviews filtered by
  1. Great business, bad franchisee.

I have been working at Domino's full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good career advancement opportunities. Free food, experience, and more free food.

Cons

Some owners can be harsh, cheap, and run their stores into the ground. Also, make sure you pay your employees right, if some work much harder than others pay them more.

Advice to Management

Pay your employees right!

2. Not a career- but great for a student

I have been working at Domino's part-time

Pros

Fast paced and flexible schedule for HS/College students

Cons

No true advancement opportunities... Privately owned