Domino's

Domino's Pizza, Slave Labor In The 21st Century

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Tempe, AZ
Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at Domino's

Pros

about once every quarter you are able to have "flexible" hours

Cons

horrible hours, low pay, lack of respect from management, I was a college student and was forced to work 60hours a week over finals week because upper management kept pulling people from our stores to help in others but refused to give me the help I needed

Look at improving in store moral and look at ways to make the jobs more "fun" as you claim they are. Look for ways to accommodate the personal lives of your employees and more importantly when you advertise a "flexible" schedule you should not force people into working 20 hours of overtime.

725 Other Employee Reviews for Domino's (View Most Recent)

Challenging, but is it worth it?

Former Employee - General Manager in Springfield, IL
    Former Employee - General Manager in Springfield, IL

I worked at Domino's

Pros

The best thing that I can come up with for working in management at Domino's is challenge. If it weren't for the difficulty level of juggling all the various responsibilities, I don't think that I would have stayed with the company as long as I did.

Cons

As a manager I would typically watch the delivery drivers go home with about the same amount of cash from tips and mileage as I had earned in my salary for the day. The kicker on that subject was that I would have come in an hour or two earlier and left an hour or two later than any of the drivers, and the level of work, between problem management, daily duties, and people management, was disproportionately higher for me as a manager. Obviously, the level of responsibility was much higher as well. I do not believe that the amount of pay for management positions at Domino's is appropriate for the hours(70+/week) or the workload and responsibility.

I would also say that once you are in management at Domino's, the only way to advance is to go into ownership. For those people that are not comfortable owning a business, and the risks associated with that, there really is a glass ceiling at the GM level.

The worst part was that there were minimal benefits offered. Bonuses were there, but extremely difficult, if not impossible to hit in some situations. Retirement plans and health benefits at every franchise that I worked were also non existent for the most part.

The only advice I can give is to work hard, be diligent, put in sufficient time as a GM and keep your eyes and ears to the wall for other opportunities in other industries.

dominos pizza a fun place to work

Current Employee - Manager
    Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at Domino's

Pros

i feel like there is a lot af team work,i feel like we are a family here we all work very well together and can call upon each other if need be

Cons

as a manager never have time for self,the hours are very long and work very late at night,wor most holidays and weekends,

give nore time off to managment

There are newer employer reviews for Domino's