Domo

There are newer employer reviews for Domo

Best career move I've made

Current Employee - Marketing in American Fork, UT
Current Employee - Marketing in American Fork, UT

I have been working at Domo full-time (more than a year)

Pros

I've worked for some really cool enterprise tech companies, but Domo tops them all. They hire really smart, driven people, pay them well, and expect a lot out of them. The energy here is pretty awesome, and the company culture is something only Josh James could concoct. My boss has led massive teams at SAP and Oracle, but somehow remains really grounded and approachable (in addition to being wicked smart).

Cons

Like all companies, it experiences growing pains. When you're trying to go this big, this fast, mistakes will get made and toes will get stepped on. Does that ruffle feathers sometimes? Sure. But if you're good enough, and thick skinned enough, you'll thrive.

Keep holding these killer company meetings. Transparency is so critical for morale.

46 Other Employee Reviews for Domo (View Most Recent)

Love building a revolution

Current Intern - Software Engineer Intern in American Fork, UT
    Current Intern - Software Engineer Intern in American Fork, UT

I have been working at Domo as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

I'm a front-end developer. One of my favorite parts of working at Domo is that the day-to-day work is exciting. I turned down other terrific offers just based on how fun it is to work at Domo. I feel like I'm always learning. Some pros:
    - The culture
    - The product
    - The co-workers
    - The cutting edge technology
    - Hack night (every other Thursday we spend the evening doing whatever we want. We're encouraged to not work on product related stuff but we can if we want to. It's awesome, and definitely one of my favorite parts of working here).

Cons

Because we're a startup some things aren't totally figured out. Some processes haven't been optimised and you've got to be comfortable with change to work here (which, to me isn't a big deal, but to some it can be a frustration).

Please make sure that we get product mocks before we're asked to build things.

A Positive Environment that Breads Success

Current Employee - Senior Product Analyst in American Fork, UT
    Current Employee - Senior Product Analyst in American Fork, UT

I have been working at Domo full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Domo is one of the few companies that executes an amazing culture where hard work is well rewarded, and every employee is given an opportunity to have a significant impact on the product. Holidays, events and personal successes are all celebrated at Domo (i.e. Christmas, Halloween, May the 4th be With You, Tailgates, Sales, etc.). Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner are all provided at work, all I have to do is show up and concentrate on work.

Cons

Because Domo's a startup sometimes the work/life balance can become lopsided. I hope this changes in the future as we become more established and reach our company goals.

Establish boundaries between the time available for work and personal life.

There are newer employer reviews for Domo