Domo

There are newer employer reviews for Domo

A Positive Environment that Breads Success

Current Employee - Senior Product Analyst in American Fork, UT
Current Employee - Senior Product Analyst in American Fork, UT

I have been working at Domo full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Domo is one of the few companies that executes an amazing culture where hard work is well rewarded, and every employee is given an opportunity to have a significant impact on the product. Holidays, events and personal successes are all celebrated at Domo (i.e. Christmas, Halloween, May the 4th be With You, Tailgates, Sales, etc.). Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner are all provided at work, all I have to do is show up and concentrate on work.

Cons

Because Domo's a startup sometimes the work/life balance can become lopsided. I hope this changes in the future as we become more established and reach our company goals.

Establish boundaries between the time available for work and personal life.

40 Other Employee Reviews for Domo (View Most Recent)

A roller coaster with more ups than downs

Current Employee - Engineer in American Fork, UT
    Current Employee - Engineer in American Fork, UT

I have been working at Domo full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

* Compensation (paid well + good benefits)
    * Fun / memorable company parties & events
    * A lot of very talented people to learn from
    * Meaningful work
    * Top performers are treated very well
    * Trusted employees have a lot of autonomy to try new things / ideas

Cons

* Product scope / roadmap changes a lot due to the startup nature of the company
    * Feels very cliquey
    * Deadlines are often times chosen by management / product managers with little input from those actually producing the work. This results in unreasonable expectations.
    * Its very hard to stand out due to no formal performance review system. It feels like there are favorites within the company and those within that group are recognized often. Unfortunately, many talented people get overlooked.
    * Josh (CEO) reviews almost everything before it gets pushed live. This prevents engineers from getting feedback quickly and blocks you until he has time to see what you have built.

My advice would be to implement a more formal review system. Without a system, unless I go to my manager and demand a review there is not a lot of opportunity for growth. This in turn makes me feel like this is just a job not a career and to be promoted I may need to move to another company.

Domo is the best place to work in Utah, hands down!

Current Employee - Account Executive in American Fork, UT
    Current Employee - Account Executive in American Fork, UT

I have been working at Domo full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Domo is a progressive company, providing the absolute best tools to enable us to excel in our respective job functions. I am a career salesperson and the resources available to us are the envy of all of my former colleagues. We work in a "pro-sales" culture, meaning our income earning potential is not only untapped, but realized by our results. Our environment is not the "micro-management" culture, but one of celebration of individual and collective successes and celebrated wins across the organization are the norm here. Think DiscoBalls and Music at a volume of 12 and you will get the idea!

Cons

My only wish is an office in SLC, a bit closer to home. A wish that will soon be realized!

Keep up the good work!