Domo

There are newer employer reviews for Domo

Great vision, strange culture

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in American Fork, UT
Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in American Fork, UT

I worked at Domo full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The product vision is awesome. I completely believe in it and wish I could have the product at my current job.

I truly enjoyed working with and have deep respect for many of the other people in the trenches with whom I worked.

There is also tons of free food. I lost some weight after I left.

Cons

It's the strangest culture I've ever seen. It starts with lots of hero worship and ends with lots of sycophants. It's style over substance. Tweeting gushing affection for the company and execs is what gets recognized.

There are lots of chiefs.

There is high turnover, especially among engineers.

It's not my style, so I moved on and am really happy now with another opportunity.

40 Other Employee Reviews for Domo (View Most Recent)

Brilliant Engineers, Great Product, Poor Management

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in American Fork, UT
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in American Fork, UT

I have been working at Domo full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The product is really cool and built on really cool ideas.
    Very smart and talented engineers. Most of the engineers here are like the top 10% of other places I've worked.

Cons

Sales drives the company and with that comes the typical problems. It makes sense for sales to set direction since they are closest to the customer and doing the selling, however the whole sales organization is highly dysfunctional. It's difficult to get anything done because sales poorly communicates what they want and has unrealistic expectations of when it will be delivered.
    Middle management is lacking in both numbers and talent. Imagine giving a squadron of F-22 jets to a bunch of crop duster pilots and then telling these pilots to fly two jets at the same time.

Fix middle management and keep your engineers happy. There is such potential here and many people are being frustrated because throughput sucks.

A wild ride. Worked long hours and made a lot of good friends. Exciting possibilities but still a ways to go.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in American Fork, UT
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in American Fork, UT

I worked at Domo full-time (more than an year)

Pros

They have assembled a very talented team. Everyone is very engaged and works hard. Plenty of opportunities for skilled workers to succeed.

Cons

Poor work/life balance. The culture seems fun at first but can distract from what is most important. Things were moving so fast that there was no time for career development.

Forget about the hype and continue driving real innovation to create a world-class product.

There are newer employer reviews for Domo