Domtar

www.domtar.com

It's a fast paced job that pushes me to be the best worker I can.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Indianapolis, IN

ProsDomtar has good benefits,long term goals,decent wages,supervisors that care about quality over quantity. The supervisors treat you like a person and not like some lowly laborer.

ConsWorking with people that use the union to keep thier jobs instead of trying to do a good job.Working with equipment that is"fixed" to run instead of being repaired properly.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to the employees' that actually run the equipment, make the product, and handle the finished goods. Watch how they work and how they react to a good job done well.

Well run company and with a little more focus on teamwork between the two head offices it could be top-notch

Manager (Former Employee) Montreal, QC (Canada)

I worked at Domtar full-time

Pros: Great people, well-organized company. Cons: Politics between the two head offices. Advice to Senior Management: You have some fantastic, bright people - find a way to get the two offices working well together as a team - you… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

System Administrator

Systems Administrator (Former Employee) Montreal, QC (Canada)

I worked at Domtar full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: -Good environment to learn when you are a junior, -Some really… Cons: -They have been removing perks/advantages in the last years (ISP bill paid if on support/call, 1 week instead of 2 weeks can be banked per… Advice to Senior Management: -Talk to your employees, come on the field, never saw my manager or vp come to say "hey guys… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Domtar.

Worked for Domtar? Contribute to the Community!