It's a fast paced job that pushes me to be the best worker I can.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Indianapolis, IN
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Domtar

Pros

Domtar has good benefits,long term goals,decent wages,supervisors that care about quality over quantity. The supervisors treat you like a person and not like some lowly laborer.

Cons

Working with people that use the union to keep thier jobs instead of trying to do a good job.Working with equipment that is"fixed" to run instead of being repaired properly.

Listen to the employees' that actually run the equipment, make the product, and handle the finished goods. Watch how they work and how they react to a good job done well.

Other Reviews for Domtar

Well run company and with a little more focus on teamwork between the two head offices it could be top-notch

Former Employee - Manager  in  Montreal, QC (Canada)
    Former Employee - Manager in Montreal, QC (Canada)

I worked at Domtar full-time

Pros

Great people, well-organized company.

Cons

Politics between the two head offices.

You have some fantastic, bright people - find a way to get the two offices working well together as a team - you don't have to be in the same physical location to be perfect teams. Develop your expertise in both places and encourage growth.

No respect for senior employees at the Espanola Mill

Current Employee - Engineering Tech  in  Espanola, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Engineering Tech in Espanola, ON (Canada)

I have been working at Domtar full-time for less than a year

Pros

Safety Policy seems good. Safety awards are OK too- but only if you like hats and coats time and time again, Tim's and Subway $15 gift card, and the occasional burger/sausage barbacue put on by management.

Cons

Don't ever consider working for this company if you think you're going to make a difference or think that you're actually valued as an employee. I worked hard and was dedicated to this mill for over 30 years and they bring in a recent college grad and pay him the same as me! - and company wants me to train him!!! Sounds fair to me - not!!

Espanola mill MUST seriously reconsider their hiring practice as is. No respect for senior employees. CORPORATE Human Resources office needs to be more involved, needs to be better informed and care more about hiring pratices and respect of senior employees at this mill. Human Resources department hiring practices at this mill are a joke!

There are newer employer reviews for Domtar.

Worked for Domtar? Contribute to the Community!