Donaldson Company

Behind the times

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Donaldson Company

Pros

Very stable and conservative company. Takes a long view towards it's business, and has built a consistent track record of financial performance.

Cons

Does not invest enough in its systems and infrastructure. Senior Management does not value employee development. Still living in the 1950's. Talent retention has been a problem with younger (<40) year old employees

Invest in your employees. Invest in your systems. You are running a $2 B USD business with the infrastructure, and mindset of a $100 M USD business.

64 Other Employee Reviews for Donaldson Company (View Most Recent)

Strictly a good ole boy club

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bloomington, MN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bloomington, MN

I worked at Donaldson Company

Pros

If you BS with management and go out for beers with them, you're in! If you need flexibility to take care of your kids or additional training, refer to statement one.

Cons

Lots of double-talk out of both sides of the mouth; carrot sticks with no follow-through. The absolute worst corporate environment I have ever worked in.

Do you know what your managers are doing to your company? I think it's time you investigated.

Great company to work for!

Former Employee - Customer Service
    Former Employee - Customer Service

I worked at Donaldson Company

Pros

This company is outstanding! They show respect to all employees, and are committed to helping their community (charities and blood drives) and the world (they're global). They are a 'green' company as well - their products help clean the air we breathe. They offer fair and just salaries or hrly wage, offer good benefits (medical, dental), local area perks, and reward employees for doing a good job. Most employees are committed to doing their very best - will stay late and come in early to 'get the job done' -- many have been employed years there.

Cons

If they can, it would be nice to see more flexibility of hours - allowing workers to come in early or stay late. There are also opportunities that I saw to allow employees to work from home, but no discussions have been made in that direction yet.

I am very impressed on how you value employees - ex: to see senior management helping and serving general employees at the annual United Way campaign. When a major distribution problem arose, senior management (including the CEO) went out to work on the floor!

There are newer employer reviews for Donaldson Company