There are newer employer reviews for Donorworx

Excellent cause, difficult job

Former Employee - Fundraiser in Vancouver, BC (Canada)
Former Employee - Fundraiser in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I worked at Donorworx part-time (less than a year)

Pros

I am a humanitarian and really got behind the cause they were promoting...getting people to sponsor kids through World Vision. So it's a good feeling when you do find a sponsor. The training is also really good and the Campaign Managers are really nice and highly motivated.

Cons

It's a tough gig and you really need to right personality for the job. You are basically standing in a mall trying to get people to come over and speak to you, and then convince them to sponsor a child. It can get quite demotivating, and the day can be really long.

I worked with this employer for two weeks, and when I resigned (due to a career related job offer) I sent my Team Leader and Campaign Manager an email wishing them every success with the campaign. I had gotten two sponsors in this time, but neither of them replied to the email, wished me luck for the future or thanked me for my work. Instead I was copied into an email to the team telling them I had quit. A little more respect/professionalism would have been appreciated.

reviews filtered by

Decent Human Beings trying to Help others

Current Employee - Fundraiser in Miami, FL
    Current Employee - Fundraiser in Miami, FL

I have been working at Donorworx part-time (less than a year)

Pros

A Mission to save Children in poverty. Honest down to Earth desire to make the world a better place

Cons

lack of strategy in areas of opportunity that would make fund raising campaigns more successful

kep on doing what yor doing but keep an open mind to new ideas for the benefit of the organization.

2. Empowering and life changing

Current Employee - Fundraiser, Campaign Leader Trainee
    Current Employee - Fundraiser, Campaign Leader Trainee

I have been working at Donorworx part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Collaborative and positive learning environment
    Passionate and tight knit team
    Opportunities for growth
    It feels great at the end of the day to know that your work is helping others in need
    Staff that cares about their employees
    Ongoing training to help develop and fine tune skills

Cons

Working as a fundraiser is part time and contract based for about three months at a time but can be extended.
    Even though it is part time it requires someone that puts in effort outside of work to stay motivated with new stories to share and prepare ahead of the shift.

I haven't encountered any problems with management. I believe they are doing a great job. Even though the office is in Canada the staff is available and accessible through both phone and email.

There are newer employer reviews for Donorworx