Donorworx
www.donorworx.com Toronto, Canada

Excellent cause, difficult job

Fundraiser (Former Employee)
Vancouver, BC (Canada)

ProsI am a humanitarian and really got behind the cause they were promoting...getting people to sponsor kids through World Vision. So it's a good feeling when you do find a sponsor. The training is also really good and the Campaign Managers are really nice and highly motivated.

ConsIt's a tough gig and you really need to right personality for the job. You are basically standing in a mall trying to get people to come over and speak to you, and then convince them to sponsor a child. It can get quite demotivating, and the day can be really long.

Advice to Senior ManagementI worked with this employer for two weeks, and when I resigned (due to a career related job offer) I sent my Team Leader and Campaign Manager an email wishing them every success with the campaign. I had gotten two sponsors in this time, but neither of them replied to the email, wished me luck for the future or thanked me for my work. Instead I was copied into an email to the team telling them I had quit. A little more respect/professionalism would have been appreciated.

Love this enviroment

Fundraiser (Current Employee)

I have been working at Donorworx as a contractor for less than a year

Pros: Co-workers are amazing! From management to fellow fundraiser. You can tell a lot of thought went into the hiring process. They are super helpful and… Cons: There's a lot of 'No's and you have to be able to handle that. If you can't think/learn… Advice to Senior Management: A 'Shadow' shift for an hour or two would be a great asset to newcomers. One where they 'tag team' but take on the more… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

amazing learning exerience

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Donorworx full-time for less than a year

Pros: - amazing office atmosphere, co-workers became family fast, warm and… Cons: none really, i enjoyed my time time at donorworx immensely Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Donorworx.

Worked for Donorworx? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Donorworx reviews and ratings. All reviews posted anonymously by Donorworx employees.