Donorworx

www.donorworx.com
There are newer employer reviews for Donorworx

Excellent cause, difficult job

Former Employee - Fundraiser in Vancouver, BC (Canada)
Former Employee - Fundraiser in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I worked at Donorworx part-time (less than a year)

Pros

I am a humanitarian and really got behind the cause they were promoting...getting people to sponsor kids through World Vision. So it's a good feeling when you do find a sponsor. The training is also really good and the Campaign Managers are really nice and highly motivated.

Cons

It's a tough gig and you really need to right personality for the job. You are basically standing in a mall trying to get people to come over and speak to you, and then convince them to sponsor a child. It can get quite demotivating, and the day can be really long.

I worked with this employer for two weeks, and when I resigned (due to a career related job offer) I sent my Team Leader and Campaign Manager an email wishing them every success with the campaign. I had gotten two sponsors in this time, but neither of them replied to the email, wished me luck for the future or thanked me for my work. Instead I was copied into an email to the team telling them I had quit. A little more respect/professionalism would have been appreciated.

21 Other Employee Reviews for Donorworx (View Most Recent)

This is the dream job I didn't know I wanted!

I have been working at Donorworx full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Donorworx will surprise you in the best ways! When I first saw the ad to work as a fundraiser, I skipped right over it because I never imagined this could be something I'd want to.
    One chance face to face meeting with a donorworx employee changed my perspective completely. I jumped on board and have never regretted it! Donorworx is a place where you can live out your passion to transform lives and impact real change across the world. Best of all, you get to do it with like-minded people who share your vision and are determined to be their best and do their best for whatever cause they're representing. Donorworx is a friendly, supportive & innovative place to work. Your thoughts, feelings, successes & struggles matter here; donorworx really is a family.
    Professionally speaking, donorworx partners with some of the best respected charities around, because they are committed to ethical partnerships. As a fundraiser, donorworx leaders and management will actively support you in your growth and development. Because of this, you'll have many quick opportunities for promotions and advancements, particularly if you're able to travel. It's pretty lucky to have the opportunity to travel around the country as an advocate for kids.
    A positive outlook and determination are keys to success with this company. If you have those and a passion to change the world, this is the right place for you!

Cons

The biggest challenge is the rejection you face while fundraising. Some days, it will astonish you how little people seem to care. Luckily, donorworx understands that struggle and is supportive and encouraging during those hard moments.

The short term contract nature of many campaigns can also be a challenge if you're looking for long-term work, but since there are always opportunities for advancement, even a short term campaign can lead to a career.

Keep going!

it was good

I worked at Donorworx

Pros

Okay type of job
    you make your own schedule
    good pay
    good temporary job for a student

Cons

no advancement
    standing up all day