There are newer employer reviews for Doosan Babcock

Good place to be

Current Employee - Assistant Sales Manager  in  Essen, North Rhine-Westphalia (Germany)
Current Employee - Assistant Sales Manager in Essen, North Rhine-Westphalia (Germany)

I have been working at Doosan Babcock

Pros

Good management people
good opportunities
Nice working culture
helpful colleagues
nice benefits

Cons

Coordination problem
problem with new organisation struture

NA

7 Other Employee Reviews for Doosan Babcock (View Most Recent)

Was not impressed with this company

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Doosan Babcock full-time

Pros

There was a significant amount of international experience

Cons

They really don't know what they're doing. Most of their projects tend to be over budget, past schedule, and poorly designed. Very poorly managed from the UK and Korea

You can't use the European or the Asian model to be a success in the US. You have to be able to play in the tall grass if you plan to survive over here. You need to have your engineering done in the US; not the UK.

Doosan Babcock is keen to give you responsibility and ownership not only of your work but also your development

Former Employee - Project Engineer  in  Nottingham, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Project Engineer in Nottingham, England (UK)

I worked at Doosan Babcock full-time for more than a year

Pros

My time with the company has been very enjoyable so far. Not only have I been challenged and given responsibility I have also experienced environment which is friendly, supportive and encouraging, helping unlock my full potential.Since I joined the company, I have had the opportunity to work on major UK projects like Sellafield and Drax, had the chance to undertake site work overseas in countries like France and Brazil, as well as doing design work on power plants in Canada and Hong Kong to name a few. I have gained a very high quality experience which contributes greatly towards my IStructE chartership.

Cons

The locations aren't the most exciting of places. The work requires you to move between offices which could be in sellafield, quayside newcastle and nottingham.

This undoubtedly varies from office to office, but for me, the follow-up on job leads and clients seems lacking: feedback has been sporadic and has required a lot of calling and leaving messages to get an answer one way or the other.

There are newer employer reviews for Doosan Babcock

Worked for Doosan Babcock? Contribute to the Community!