Dorman Products

One of the most FUN jobs I have had

Former Employee - Product Marketing Manager in Colmar, PA
Former Employee - Product Marketing Manager in Colmar, PA

I worked at Dorman Products

Pros

Great people, and leadership. Fun and learning work environment

Cons

Advancement opportunities are limited to when someone leaves the position

29 Other Employee Reviews for Dorman Products (View Most Recent)

Good place. Pay stinks, work/life balance good, company stable. Excellent recession job.

I have been working at Dorman Products

Pros

The company is growing and seems stable, though there's always concern when stock prices jump quickly - does the competent ownership/management take a quick buck and leave? So far, no... hopefully it stays that way. I took a big pay cut to work there, but it's a reasonable trade given work/life balance, respect, autonomy, etc. Doesn't seem to be much opportunity for advancement to very senior jobs or bumps in pay, and many employees there are satisfied to stay for the very long-term anyway. Personally, I'll have to jump when the recession ends, but will probably miss Dorman.

Cons

Relatively low pay. The company is generally cheap (like stingy-cheap), though that can be a plus sometimes too. Worst workspace ever - old building, smelly bathrooms, horrible lighting.

For all the discomforts and inconveniences at Dorman, you've found a way to keep good people around. Be ready to retain employees when the economy gets a little better - we want to stay at Dorman, and we'll continue to trade money and benefits for stability and respect - but not as much as today. As long as you step up to the plate then, and stick around yourselves, we'll stay for the long term.

Good place to work

I have been working at Dorman Products

Pros

Dorman has a relaxed work environment where people are informal but work hard. Recognition for a job well done is always given and opportunities for advancement are very good, especially since the company is growing at a healthy rate.

Cons

Generally speaking there aren't any cons, although the company has grown quite a bit over the past few years and is suffering the same growing pains that any company in its position would. All in all, very minor.

Please hang on to that small company atmosphere and culture as long as possible. Today many of the downfalls of working at larger companies don't exist at Dorman... these problem may come to Dorman with continued growth, but with concerted effort it may be possible to hold this off for a while.

There are newer employer reviews for Dorman Products