Open culture and good environment for learning and working

Current Employee - Sourcing Buyer  in  Mumbai (India)
Current Employee - Sourcing Buyer in Mumbai (India)

I have been working at Dorman Products full-time for less than a year

Pros

Company takes care of all your needs

Cons

New set up in India

Other Reviews for Dorman Products

Pretty Good company to work for

I worked at Dorman Products

Pros

a really good place to start off you career. the company is growing at a tremendous pace.

Cons

not a lot of room for growth. the structure is pretty rigid. the company needs some young blood.i wish they would increase the pay scale.

It's Ok

I have been working at Dorman Products

Pros

Diversity in work, alwasy a lot to do, a lot of interaction with different departments, fast-paced and a lot of room to grow your skills in your own way depending on the department

Cons

Departments operate in silos with conflicting goals. One department's goals (which they receive their bonus on) is the opposite or is conflicting with another department's goals. A strong C.Y.A. attitude has been permeating all departments. There is not enough focus given, too much is expected with not many tools and there is a severe lack of training in some departments.

Create a better traning program for new employees. There needs to be better communication between departments and less C.Y.A. approaches. Departments are fiercly silo'd and this inhibits a lot of growth opportunities and also increases frustration. Upper management needs to focus departments and allow them to operate as smaller businesses (as it was described to me when I started) but still with the same overall mission and focus as the overall Dorman business. I think they've just been growing too fast and they haven't had time to organize and re-focus their direction.

There are newer employer reviews for Dorman Products.

Worked for Dorman Products? Contribute to the Community!