There are newer employer reviews for Dorman Products

A solid, growing company with good contributor benefits.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Colmar, PA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Colmar, PA

I have been working at Dorman Products full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Contributor development is nothing like what I've experienced. They have a leadership program, an employer paid-for MBA program (taught on-site after work), ongoing OD classes, as well as a new undergrad program. There are also other benefits like a Wellness Program and exercise class held at Dorman after work as well as gym reimbursement. And other benefits. The company seems to genuinely care about how their contributors feel about them.

Cons

The company has experienced some growing pains. There are some processes in place that need to be made more efficient.

It is great that contributors have a voice. Upper management needs to continue to hear what they are saying and turn it into action.

29 Other Employee Reviews for Dorman Products (View Most Recent)

Not the Best IT Management

I have been working at Dorman Products full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

At the lower levels of the IT department, there are some excellent technical staff at this company. Also, one can work remotely when needed. Pay is in line with the industry overall.

Cons

Another contributor to this site stated that some of the IT departments management were in over their head – and I find that to be quite true as well. The management in the IT department has neither the required experience, skills, or temperament for their positions. Further, it seems that anyone who dares to disagree with them finds themselves out the door. No doubt that this is a major contributor to the high turnover and lingering problems in this IT organization.

Hire managers who actually know how to “Manage” (i.e. plan, think ahead, communicate, and leverage the skills that exist in their department), not former low-level IT workers who have simply been given the title “Manager”. Senior management should also attempt to change the mode of operation in the IT department from “Cover Your Ass and Keep Your Job” to “Let’s Attack Things as a Team”.

Voted one of the best places to work in the Philadelphia area and I see why.

Current Employee - Assistant Product Manager in Colmar, PA
    Current Employee - Assistant Product Manager in Colmar, PA

I have been working at Dorman Products full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Laid back and casual work environment.

This depends on your group, but management talks the talk and walks the walk. My managers tell me they want to help me succeed and do what they can to make sure it happens.

Recently they started offering a company sponsored MBA program with classes held on site.

Cons

Advancement can be difficult depending on your work group.

Have more clearly defined paths for advancement so all employees, in all facets of the business, know what they have to do move forward in their careers. Once this is done, make sure management shares this with everyone in the company.

There are newer employer reviews for Dorman Products