Dot Foods

www.dotfoods.com
There are newer employer reviews for Dot Foods

A great company to work for!

Former Employee - Warehouse Receiving Clerk in Syracuse, NY
Former Employee - Warehouse Receiving Clerk in Syracuse, NY

I worked at Dot Foods full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Excellent medical plan, 401K, lots of work available.

Cons

Weekend shifts, holiday shifts, sometimes the shifts are odd hours.

Spend a little more time with your employees and hear their concerns.

25 Other Employee Reviews for Dot Foods (View Most Recent)

Poor communication, don't practice what they teach

Former Employee - Warehouse (Dis)Order Selector in Vidalia, GA
    Former Employee - Warehouse (Dis)Order Selector in Vidalia, GA

I worked at Dot Foods full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Loved my job and learned a lot by observing other employees to be productive. But most employees are family members and it makes it harder on other employees to get promoted. Practically impossible to get promoted from within. Very few women or other than white race men in any type management or leadership role.

Cons

Poor equipment. Won't repair or just "patch it up" because the company bases bonuses on NOT spending money on repairs. So why would they cut their bonus checks for SAFETY! Coworkers have died or seriously injured due to their neglect.

Need a diverse team, you know, the ones you people spend thousands of dollars with in house classes teaching about! Fix your equipment and base bonuses off not the money you save but the people you retain. Get a mentoring system onboard.

Going down hill

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Williamsport, MD
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Williamsport, MD

I have been working at Dot Foods full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Because of eLogs they cannot work you to death. Benefits are good. There is variety in routing if you want. Use to be a great company with good pay. But pay is falling behind

Cons

Steadily dropping pay. Management cares more about the warehouse than its drivers. We are working longer for less. Communication is terrible across the board!! It is not uncommon to go to another DC and find out that they did not know you were coming!? Home time has been on the decline. Some of our customers can be abusive and DOT will no longer go to bat for us.

Listen to your drivers!! Stop thinking only of the warehouse. DOT used to be a company drivers wanted to get into. In the last year and a half they have been leaving. That should tell you something!! Most drivers think that you do not care. We keep hoping that things will improve but...

There are newer employer reviews for Dot Foods