It's Google's problem now..

Former Employee - Engineering  in  New York, NY
Former Employee - Engineering in New York, NY

I worked at DoubleClick

Pros

The benefits were above average. This is the big industry these days, so the level of security, or at least job skill portability was pretty high. Product Management at DC was very strong, but that's not enough to offset the weaknesses of the Engineering department: what a mess that was...

Cons

Everyone's work was really sloppy. The "scrum methodology" is generally making the situation worse. Communication between teams is highly inefficient, it's pretty much-every-man-for-himself career-wise. Can't say much about the other departments, but management within DTG was a freaking nightmare. (There were some exceptions, but the bad eggs really soured the whole affair.)

It's Google's problem now..

Other Reviews for DoubleClick

Great culture, but promotions are limited.

Former Employee - Program Manager  in  Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Program Manager in Chicago, IL

I worked at DoubleClick

Pros

Good Benefits & Culture, and growing industry

Cons

Promotions were few and far between, I felt stuck in a silo

Give greater appreciation for the long hours employees put in, be more competitive with salary, and provide more opportunities for advancement.

DoubleClick is still great but....

Current Employee - Senior Engineer  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Senior Engineer in New York, NY

I have been working at DoubleClick

Pros

People are treated very well here. There is a convivial atmosphere, most managers take a hands off/supportive role and there are many opportunities to learn. In many ways, you are your own boss and while that unstructured approach may not work for everyone, self-starters will love it.

Cons

Career advancement can be difficult. It often feels like the same people get promoted over and over again while other people languish at their positions for years, despite being qualified and highly capable of doing more. Also, since the Google purchase, things feel more chaotic and less polished. Managers are busy drinking the kool-aid and jockeying for position so they pay even less attention to their staffs.

I know that Google seems sexy and that you all have your own careers and advancement in mind. But don't forget your employees in the process. Some of us feel like we are drowning and have been left to fend for ourselves in the new structure. I know the "sink or swim" mentality is strong but throw us a lifeline. You have good people here who can go out and be great somewhere else. Value them now and everyone will be better for it.

There are newer employer reviews for DoubleClick.

Worked for DoubleClick? Contribute to the Community!