Douglas County School District (CO)

www.dcsdk12.org
There are newer employer reviews for Douglas County School District (CO)

Was decent then, but not sure about now...

Former Employee - Teacher in Castle Rock, CO
Former Employee - Teacher in Castle Rock, CO

I worked at Douglas County School District (CO) part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Decent salary, loved the school hours options, involved parents, very much so on top of technological advancement, paid us for taking staff development classes (like $400 per class) and for participating in fitness programs.

Cons

Not very diverse AT all. Some of the administrators that REALLY needed to go, were just left at some schools even though they were not at all being productive. Now however they have no union and salaries are cut, they do not pay into benefits and teacher rights and respect is dwindling.

55 Other Employee Reviews for Douglas County School District (CO) (View Most Recent)

Absolute worst school district to work for. Best schools, but terrible leadership.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Highlands Ranch, CO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Highlands Ranch, CO

I have been working at Douglas County School District (CO) full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The students and parents are absolutely phenomenal.

Cons

Superintendent executes ideas terribly. She changes her mind about a decision mid-year and then expects teachers to adjust. Pay is the worst out of all neighboring school districts because they are trying a "pay for performance" model- but do not have good plan of execution. Teacher morale is extremely low because of the above reasons and many others. This used to be the district to be in, but now everyone is leaving and going to Cherry Creek because the school board and superintendent are horrible.

My husband and I are selling our house because we are afraid that the value will drop because of the above reasons.

Get a different job outside of education. Actually show that you value your employees instead of hiding in your office and crunching numbers. Pay your part time staff!! They have yet to get a pay check this year (it's about 45 days into the school year).

GREAT kids/community, AWFUL/corrupt board of education

Current Employee - High School Teacher in Highlands Ranch, CO
    Current Employee - High School Teacher in Highlands Ranch, CO

I have been working at Douglas County School District (CO) full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great, sharp students (at least at the high school level) that can entertain great conversation, which makes teaching there so much better than just staying on the topic of the class. There are a lot of great teachers to go along with that.

Cons

Very shady, corrupt board of education which has definitely made its way into the school. My students ask me (weekly) why teachers keep leaving when those same teachers say how much they love teaching at the school.

They won't take any advice and have made it very clear that what they do is absolute and that no petty teacher is going to influence their mission.

Advice would be to come to terms with your failed agenda and get back to focusing on the students instead of money!!!!!!!!!! They had $62 million earmarked and refused to say what it would be used for, only to then talk about layoffs....

There are newer employer reviews for Douglas County School District (CO)