There are newer employer reviews for Douglas Emmett

Unique Approach to Commercial Real Estate and Probably the Best Company for the Uninitiated to Learn the Profession

Former Employee - Property Management in West Los Angeles, CA
Former Employee - Property Management in West Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Douglas Emmett full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Property Managers have purview over financial reporting, leasing, project management, customer relations, team-building -- very interdisciplinary approach that will always well serve one who accepts the associated challenges. Lots of mentors for the Commercial RE uninitiated.

Cons

Occasional bouts of CYA from the Corporate office, as I recall. Otherwise, superb company.

No real advice -- Senior Leadership operates a company at which I was very pleased to work. Left due to permanent relocation.

reviews filtered by

Poor Corporate Culture

Current Employee - Staff Accountant in Santa Monica, CA
    Current Employee - Staff Accountant in Santa Monica, CA

I have been working at Douglas Emmett full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Very nice properties, some good people, and well...covered parking...

Cons

This place could be a great place to work. They have great properties, they are located in the heart of Santa Monica. they have in-house management, leasing and construction which should create synergy; however, I have yet to work for a less functional company. Creativity is discouraged. Completely unrewarding work environment.

If you treat your employees like they are "lucky to have a job," you will be left with people who are lucky to have a job.

Good but not Great Stable Company with Reasonable Benefits, 3 and a 1/2 Stars

Current Intern - Leasing Agent in Santa Monica, CA
    Current Intern - Leasing Agent in Santa Monica, CA

I have been working at Douglas Emmett as an intern (more than 3 years)

Pros

Some nice workers and reasonable pay, also a few nice perks. I think a lot of your experience there depends on whether you work at one of the properties or the corporate office.

Cons

It feels cold there at times, and they have become progressively distrusting of their employees in the corporate office, to the point where there are going to be cameras installed.

D.E will always succeed, but eventually the quality and longevity of it's employees is going to go down unless it returns it's roots of it being like a family style company and less like working for the "man."

There are newer employer reviews for Douglas Emmett