There are newer employer reviews for Douglas Emmett

No upper management loyalty to hard-working on-site staff

Former Employee - Residential On-site
Former Employee - Residential On-site

I worked at Douglas Emmett full-time (More than a year)

Pros

OK salary and good health benefit package.

Cons

This primarily commercial property management company does not know how to effectively manage, and/or assist, their residential employees to achieve success. When a supervisor was advised training was necessary, the supervisor replied, "If you want training, you're working for the wrong company".

Advice to Management

Learn that residential management has far more challenges for the on-site staff than commercial management.

Other Employee Reviews for Douglas Emmett

1. Leading Innovator in Real Estate

Current Employee - Commercial Property Manager in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Commercial Property Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Douglas Emmett full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I love being a Property Manager. I work with amazing people. Douglas Emmett makes me feel like I have a purpose. Douglas Emmett provides me with a wealth of knowledge and understanding that I appreciate. Douglas Emmett is a part of my life that I feel I am able to add value. DE trust their employees and believe we want to succeed. They provide training that has enhanced my skill set . I am forever grateful for the opportunity to be a part of a dynamic team.

Cons

You will be faced with many challenges. DE has strong values with high expectations. You must have a strong backbone. Work hard and in return the company will reward you.

Advice to Management

Continue to invest in your employees by providing mentors and training. I would not be where I am today if I did not have the two components.

2. Great place to start your career

Current Employee - Property Manager in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Property Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Douglas Emmett full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This is really a family based company. If you are starting your career, it is a great place to learn and grow, as there is a long history of promoting from within. There is lots of support and many people looking out for you to help you succeed. The company culture reflects a set of care values which we try very hard to embody. The vision statement is not just written on a card, it is practiced and shared on a daily basis.

Cons

This is a publicly traded company, which comes with a lot of oversight.