Douglas Emmett

www.douglasemmett.com
  www.douglasemmett.com
There are newer employer reviews for Douglas Emmett

No upper management loyalty to hard-working on-site staff

Former Employee - Residential On-site
Former Employee - Residential On-site

I worked at Douglas Emmett full-time (more than an year)

Pros

OK salary and good health benefit package.

Cons

This primarily commercial property management company does not know how to effectively manage, and/or assist, their residential employees to achieve success. When a supervisor was advised training was necessary, the supervisor replied, "If you want training, you're working for the wrong company".

Learn that residential management has far more challenges for the on-site staff than commercial management.

25 Other Employee Reviews for Douglas Emmett (View Most Recent)

Solid Growing company

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Douglas Emmett full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Stable and consistence company. You are able to learn so much and grow within the company as well as in your building with all tenants. You really become apart of the DE family. I have learned so much and grew so much in the short time that I have been working for Douglas Emmett.

Cons

Very challenging and high expectations. You must be strong to make it at Douglas Emmett. If you do your job the company will take care of you!

Constant training and coaching to all staff it makes us stronger and give opportunities to advance within the company.

Where Do I Begin...

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA

I have been working at Douglas Emmett

Pros

Dental insurance is free, probably because they're preparing for the day when they have to start hiring crackheads off the street

Cons

Well, where do I begin??? Let me start off by saying that when I began at this company, I was a recent college graduate and I was soo excited to start my career. I wasn't whatsoever thrilled about the pay, but hey, I had no professional work experience so I figured this was a decent start. I should also mention that I have, for the most part, always gotten positive reviews from my supervisors. I'm a hard worker, detail oriented, and I'm lightning quick with a computer ;) the perfect employee right? Yup! Now, with that said, let me tell you about Douglas Emmett...

This company disgusts me. We are so grotesquely underpaid as accountants (go anywhere else and you'll easily double your salary-- no joke) that I can barely afford my bills. This is the greediest company you will ever work for. They're OBSESSED with keeping rent prices at market average or above, or chasing money from former residential tenants that clearly broke their lease because something happened in which they were left with NO money. Trust me, we know it all but we're still forced to send these ridiculous invoices for collection.

They dont care about the environment. I hate myself at the end of the day for how much paper I waste working here. It's RIDICULOUS -- is this the 1980s??? It's called paperless statements you retards.

Management is incompetent. Other managers that don't work directly above me try to intimidate me with things they want done, and they're super condescending about it like I'm some idiot -- joke's on you pal. I could care less. As for management that's directly above me, I try to respect but there's some serious lack of training in some areas, and quite honestly not everyone can be a manager -- it's hard for a reason.

Turnover is so ridiculous. They fail to realize (because they're incompetent) that employees are an integral part of an organization...they don't value the people that have been loyal to them and actually know things about the company, and pass on that information to teach new employees. There's a really negative culture about the place on a daily basis.

I could go on and on...my advice is don't test the waters unless you're desperate. If so, start looking for a new job on day 1. This place is garbage and should rot in hell.

Ha...see above.