There are newer employer reviews for Dover Downs Gaming

Don't Do it

Former Employee - LAN Support III  in  Dover, DE
Former Employee - LAN Support III in Dover, DE

I worked at Dover Downs Gaming

Pros

You get a lot of hands on experience that you would not get in some places. You get to meet a lot of nice people and you have the NASCAR race 2 times a year.

Cons

Management is not the greatest. People are always get looked over. Don't even think about getting promoted it will be few and far between.

Treat your people right and pay them what they are suppose to be making and they will stay there. Especially if you have a good group of people

9 Other Employee Reviews for Dover Downs Gaming (View Most Recent)

Good place to work

Current Employee - Director  in  Dover, DE
    Current Employee - Director in Dover, DE

I have been working at Dover Downs Gaming

Pros

Company has been a great employer to me. I've been working here for 15+ years and have advanced from an hourly employee to director. I've been given many opportunities and am thankful. Good compensation package. Lots of room for advancement

Cons

Alot of micromanagement in the company. Upper management doesn't trust its employees to make good/sound business decisions. Some job postings are already filled with hand picked favorites before the job is posted in house. Discourages some more qualified employees from even applying.

Loosen up. Allow your people a little freedom. They know how to handle money.

Steer clear of the "me" people

Current Employee - Manager  in  Dover, DE
    Current Employee - Manager in Dover, DE

I have been working at Dover Downs Gaming

Pros

Team work within departments and the ability to advance.

Cons

Some upper management are only in it for themselves. Damn the little guy/gal

Listen to you mid level managers. They "do" have fresh ideas from time to time

There are newer employer reviews for Dover Downs Gaming

Worked for Dover Downs Gaming? Contribute to the Community!