Dow Chemical

www.dow.com

Great Company and Great Pay

Civil Engineer Intern (Former Employee) Plaquemine, LA

ProsGreat people with a can-do spirit. Dow has a reputation of overworking their employees, but this is not seen so much in Engineering Solutions. Engineering Solutions is perfect for someone looking to reap all the benefits of a large company, but still have a 8-5 job (very flexible on hours).

ConsAs a Civil Engineer there are not many opportunities for upward advancement. The only opportunities are to become a project manager, or to move into a non engineering role.

Advice to Senior ManagementMy only advice would be to the Engineering Solutions department to not try and be as competitive with other outside engineering companies because it takes away from the current employes.

My position has provided me with valuable work experience and opportunities.

Dow Co-Op (Current Employee) Midland, MI

I have been working at Dow Chemical

Pros: Dow Chemical is a very flexible workplace. Cons: I don't see any real cons about Dow Chemical. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Great place to work with a lot of talent and a good work / life balance.

Marketing Manager (Current Employee) Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Dow Chemical

Pros: Dow has a good strategy for growth, strong talent base, and excellent safety record. In… Cons: Dow is very process oriented, which can slow down or make simple tasks cumbersome. It also may over value employee movement between businesses and… Advice to Senior Management: Keep up the good work guiding the organization. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Dow Chemical.

Worked for Dow Chemical? Contribute to the Community!