There are newer employer reviews for Dow Chemical

Excellent company to work for

Current Employee - Senior R&D Engineer in Freeport, TX
Current Employee - Senior R&D Engineer in Freeport, TX

I have been working at Dow Chemical

Pros

-Competitive salary
-Great corperate strategy
-Work with some of the best and brightest in the industry
-Very open and communicative corperate culture. Great communication at all levels.
-Safety. Dow has one of the best safety programs in the industry with process safety pemployees involved in a wide range of international consortiums etc.

Cons

-Performance review methodology causes significant angst amongst employees. Forces people into a ranked system with capped quantities of employees allowed in each rank. Quite subjective and depending on how good of a leader you have, could result in questionable rankings.

Revamp the performance review methodology. It is universally disliked and not well understood by the significant majority of employees.

517 Other Employee Reviews for Dow Chemical (View Most Recent)

Great Company and Great Pay

Former Employee - Civil Engineer Intern in Plaquemine, LA
    Former Employee - Civil Engineer Intern in Plaquemine, LA

I worked at Dow Chemical

Pros

Great people with a can-do spirit. Dow has a reputation of overworking their employees, but this is not seen so much in Engineering Solutions. Engineering Solutions is perfect for someone looking to reap all the benefits of a large company, but still have a 8-5 job (very flexible on hours).

Cons

As a Civil Engineer there are not many opportunities for upward advancement. The only opportunities are to become a project manager, or to move into a non engineering role.

My only advice would be to the Engineering Solutions department to not try and be as competitive with other outside engineering companies because it takes away from the current employes.

My position has provided me with valuable work experience and opportunities.

Current Employee - Dow Co-Op in Midland, MI
    Current Employee - Dow Co-Op in Midland, MI

I have been working at Dow Chemical

Pros

Dow Chemical is a very flexible workplace.

Cons

I don't see any real cons about Dow Chemical.

There are newer employer reviews for Dow Chemical