Dow Chemical
www.dow.com Midland, MI 5000+ Employees

Technologist delivering high quality of work with safety, consistency, dedication, and mindset of continueous improvemen

Technologist, M&E (Current Employee)
Marlborough, MA

I have been working at Dow Chemical

ProsGrowth opportunities, business stability, environmental friendliness, in-house skill development, experienced and trust based management, competative salary structures, good benefits.

ConsStrong engineering based higher education preferences may sometimes filter capable and exceptional candidates from growth opportunities and valuable contributions in-house.

Advice to Senior ManagementSeek out more exceptional and company dedicated employees within and promote a "reaching hand" philosophy to support them with less restricted tuition reimbursement and one-on-one coaching time with seasoned Dow managers and professionals to breed and foster the next generation of leaders and contributors. Some branches of Dow (including the microelectronics materials devision) require extensive long-term training and often carry a portion of tribal knowledge that is not easily substituted even with premium higher education studies. Allegro Microsystems Inc is a prime example of successfully investing in employees by means of in-house university training, mentoring, and promoting growth within (for the deserving candidates) resulting in an average employee tenure of over 5.5 years! Prior to outsourcing its Fab operations to China, Evergreen Solar's average employee tenure was only about 1.5 years. Investing up to 12 months of training (per employee) in learning a rather complex, yet very promising new String Ribbon Technology, but inability to create a Team oriented and mission based environment proved to be very costly for the company. Dow is much more mature in this aspect, and my only advice at the moment to our leadership is not to take any floor level employee feedback for granted, as change most often starts from "top down", yet its success is so reliant on how it is embraced, implemented, and respected from the "bottom up".

I have loved my job and am very proud, just wish I was able to pursue what has been on my EDP for 4 years

Client Service Administrator (Current Employee)
Midland, MI

I have been working at Dow Chemical

Pros: the flexibilty and work life balance are hard to beat,… Cons: the company is so large that you are basically just an employee. The leadership usually isn't directly involved with your work and… Advice to Senior Management: Focus more on your OWN employees when jobs open up, don't go outside or use contractors. I have seen SO MANY contractors off the… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

This is the greates place to work.

SP3D Support (Current Employee)
Houston, TX

I have been working at Dow Chemical

Pros: One of the best places I have ever worked. I cannot remember… Cons: None I would not change anything about DOW Advice to Senior Management: none Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Dow Chemical.

Worked for Dow Chemical? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Dow Chemical reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Dow Chemical CEO Andrew N. Liveris. All reviews posted anonymously by Dow Chemical employees.