There are newer employer reviews for Dow Chemical

The Dow Chemical Company is a great place to work for anyone with the desire to work for a truly global company

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Midland, MI
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Midland, MI

I have been working at Dow Chemical

Pros

The best reason I believe to work at Dow Chemical is the true global reach of this company. Where many other companies have some reach abroad, Dow is truly growing its international reach and includes opportunities to travel even at a low level

Cons

It is at the end of the day a chemical company. Many of the processes have a steeper learning curve as chemistry must be understood in some cases to understand the business operations.

reviews filtered by
  1. Dow Chemical is an outstanding company to work for and I would recommend them to anyone.

Current Employee - Packager in Midland, MI
    Current Employee - Packager in Midland, MI

I have been working at Dow Chemical

Pros

Friendly people, good benefits, safe working conditions, fairness, One of the best places I have ever been employed, and would hope to remain employed for a very long time.

Cons

I really can not think of anything negative to say right now. It has been a good experience for me up to this point.

2. Technologist delivering high quality of work with safety, consistency, dedication, and mindset of continueous improvemen

Current Employee - Technologist, M&E in Marlborough, MA
    Current Employee - Technologist, M&E in Marlborough, MA

I have been working at Dow Chemical

Pros

Growth opportunities, business stability, environmental friendliness, in-house skill development, experienced and trust based management, competative salary structures, good benefits.

Cons

Strong engineering based higher education preferences may sometimes filter capable and exceptional candidates from growth opportunities and valuable contributions in-house.

Advice to Management

Seek out more exceptional and company dedicated employees within and promote a "reaching hand" philosophy to support them with less restricted tuition reimbursement and one-on-one coaching time with seasoned Dow managers and professionals to breed and foster the next generation of leaders and contributors. Some branches of Dow (including the microelectronics materials devision) require extensive long-term training and often carry a portion of tribal knowledge that is not easily substituted even with premium higher education studies. Allegro Microsystems Inc is a prime example of successfully investing in employees by means of in-house university training, mentoring, and promoting growth within (for the deserving candidates) resulting in an average employee tenure of over 5.5 years! Prior to outsourcing its Fab operations to China, Evergreen Solar's average employee tenure was only about 1.5 years. Investing up to 12 months of training (per employee) in learning a rather complex, yet very promising new String Ribbon Technology, but inability to create a Team oriented and mission based environment proved to be very costly for the company. Dow is much more mature in this aspect, and my only advice at the moment to our leadership is not to take any floor level employee feedback for granted, as change most often starts from "top down", yet its success is so reliant on how it is embraced, implemented, and respected from the "bottom up".