There are newer employer reviews for Dow Chemical

Good company to work for

Current Employee - A-5 in Indianapolis, IN
Current Employee - A-5 in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Dow Chemical

Pros

Flexibility to do my job; resources available which enables ability to get work done; products are top of the line; 95% of the people are great to work with; fitness center; credit union; cafeteria; health center

Cons

We are a global company and such we must deal with the different time zones which means at times you are working at night (but if that is as bad as it gets...I really have no complaints).

Advice to Management

Keep listening or listen to the GEOAS

reviews filtered by
  1. Focus on the people to help them get their work done and not restructuring every single Management change.

Current Employee - Manager In Purchasing in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Manager In Purchasing in Houston, TX

I have been working at Dow Chemical

Pros

People at Dow are wonderful. Lots of opportunities and work that needs to get done from lower to higher levels. Culture is relaxed and people are very helpful if they are available. A very team oriented environment with some great leaders. Safety and people are always first.

Cons

A lot of work with no pay raises and bonuses at time. Management likes to restructure every single time we change management. Not a lot of people who have a lot of time to do all the work and opportunities to get the work done. Meetings upon meetings upon meetings. How do you get anything done?

Advice to Management

Focus on your people and what they need. We have lots of work to do and don't create more roadblocks for us.

2. Dow Chemical is found to be an excellent place of employment.

Current Employee - Dow Legal Co-Op
    Current Employee - Dow Legal Co-Op

I have been working at Dow Chemical

Pros

There are many opportunities and places for advancement. Someone could move up the career ladder fairly quickly.

Cons

This is not the most stable of companies at this time. The economy, as it is, is creating excess hardships on all businesses, and Dow Chemical is quick to lay off employees to counter the rising costs of business.

Advice to Management

Take pride in the work of the employees surrounding you. People as low as co-ops or as high as the CEO are all beneficial and crucial to the success of Dow Chemical. Also, listen to advice from many sources. Talk with employees for advice as well. Two heads are better than one, and more than two equals more success. A diverse culture leads to diverse ideas and thoughts that may just end up being the solution to the problem at hand.