Dow Chemical
www.dow.com Midland, MI 5000+ Employees

A great opportunity to get started at a high level

Supply Chain Specialist (Former Employee)
Midland, MI

I worked at Dow Chemical as an intern

ProsEven from day one given the opportunity to make a difference within the company.
Given a multitude of different jobs to work on to ensure multiple learning opportunities.

ConsSome disconnection between management and lower workers. Issues with getting enough work to stay busy or having so much work you can't get it all done.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe talent within the organization is clearly there, however they aren't always put in the best situation to succeed. Once you get into higher levels within the Supply chain it seems some of these issues get better.

Do-Your-Time Mentality

Lead Human Resources Specialist (Current Employee)
Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Dow Chemical full-time for less than a year

Pros: Dow has a collaborative, friendly, family-oriented culture. When Dow hires you, they're hiring all of you and expect to keep you for… Cons: I think they will have a lot of trouble keeping younger talent in HR in the coming years. Early roles are not strategic enough or… Advice to Senior Management: Consider developing new talent differently. We are different than prior generations. We want to be challenged with meaningful work. Stretch us. Remember that we have… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

As an intern for DOW, I was most satisfied that my coworkers treated me as equal to them.

Intern (Former Employee)
Edina, MN

I worked at Dow Chemical as an intern for less than a year

Pros: Well known for having competitive pay rates, coworkers were generally amiable and quick… Cons: Although safety is VERY important, it often became daunting doing safety meetings/checks, felt like it slowed… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Dow Chemical.

Worked for Dow Chemical? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Dow Chemical reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Dow Chemical CEO Andrew N. Liveris. All reviews posted anonymously by Dow Chemical employees.