Dow Chemical is a great company to work for

Former Employee - Supply Chain Analyst  in  Midland, MI
Former Employee - Supply Chain Analyst in Midland, MI

I worked at Dow Chemical as an intern for less than a year

Pros

Dow was a very family oriented company and had a small town feel to it, although it is such a large company.

Cons

You can tell that the people higher up are treated better then the people on the bottom.

Other Reviews for Dow Chemical

A great opportunity to get started at a high level

Former Employee - Supply Chain Specialist  in  Midland, MI
    Former Employee - Supply Chain Specialist in Midland, MI

I worked at Dow Chemical as an intern

Pros

Even from day one given the opportunity to make a difference within the company.
    Given a multitude of different jobs to work on to ensure multiple learning opportunities.

Cons

Some disconnection between management and lower workers. Issues with getting enough work to stay busy or having so much work you can't get it all done.

The talent within the organization is clearly there, however they aren't always put in the best situation to succeed. Once you get into higher levels within the Supply chain it seems some of these issues get better.

As an intern for DOW, I was most satisfied that my coworkers treated me as equal to them.

Former Employee - Intern  in  Edina, MN
    Former Employee - Intern in Edina, MN

I worked at Dow Chemical as an intern for less than a year

Pros

Well known for having competitive pay rates, coworkers were generally amiable and quick to offer help and ideas, generally a collaborative environment which made working there enjoyable.

Cons

Although safety is VERY important, it often became daunting doing safety meetings/checks, felt like it slowed down the day. I also saw some of the technicians treated almost as if they were dispensable.

There are newer employer reviews for Dow Chemical.

Worked for Dow Chemical? Contribute to the Community!