Dow Chemical

www.dow.com
  www.dow.com
There are newer employer reviews for Dow Chemical

Dow was a great place to learn, not necessarily the best place for my career

Former Employee - Engineering Co-Op in Midland, MI
Former Employee - Engineering Co-Op in Midland, MI

I worked at Dow Chemical as an intern (more than an year)

Pros

I did 3 co-op terms with Dow. All of them in different locations, and different job roles. I was pleased with my experiences, and have learned a lot during my time with them. Some of the pros:
- Company Culture
- Large number of different opportunities both in US and globally, many possible career paths
- People I worked with were good
- Big on safety
- Large variety of products and business segments

Cons

I did not accept an offer with them, because following my co-op experiences although expressing to them what my interests were, I felt I was offered a generic position doing a line of work i wasn't interested in. Other companies listened more to what my interests were, and offered more competitive offers doing more exciting work. Some cons:
- Didn't listen to my interests
- Locations (for young professionals they aren't exciting places)
- Short term vision by executive management, making promises that can't be kept (leads to feeling of instability after every bad quarter)

Switch to long term outlook, don't make promises to investors that can't be met. Focus on fulfilling new plants and improvement projects, and long term strategy will pay off. Dow has a great variety of interesting products coming down the line, with a lot of creative innovation, needs to focus on delivering those rather than cutting costs.

551 Other Employee Reviews for Dow Chemical (View Most Recent)

good company for learning processes

Former Employee - Purchasing Manager in Midland, MI
    Former Employee - Purchasing Manager in Midland, MI

I worked at Dow Chemical full-time (more than an year)

Pros

large multinational company with opportunities to progress upwards and laterally in many different roles. Good reputation as chemical manufacturing employer

Cons

intangibles can be more important than tangibles in rating of employees performance. HR dept is supporter of management and not employees

A company that cares about their employers

Former Employee - Lab Technician in Midland, MI
    Former Employee - Lab Technician in Midland, MI

I worked at Dow Chemical as an intern (more than an year)

Pros

Dow Chemical is a great company to work for. Does not micromanage, transparent--especially for such a large company, and truly cares about how their employees work and live. Great salaries and benefits.

Cons

Nothing in particular comes to mind. Great place!

There are newer employer reviews for Dow Chemical