Dow Chemical

www.dow.com

Dow was a great place to learn, not necessarily the best place for my career

Engineering Co-Op (Former Employee) Midland, MI

ProsI did 3 co-op terms with Dow. All of them in different locations, and different job roles. I was pleased with my experiences, and have learned a lot during my time with them. Some of the pros:
- Company Culture
- Large number of different opportunities both in US and globally, many possible career paths
- People I worked with were good
- Big on safety
- Large variety of products and business segments

ConsI did not accept an offer with them, because following my co-op experiences although expressing to them what my interests were, I felt I was offered a generic position doing a line of work i wasn't interested in. Other companies listened more to what my interests were, and offered more competitive offers doing more exciting work. Some cons:
- Didn't listen to my interests
- Locations (for young professionals they aren't exciting places)
- Short term vision by executive management, making promises that can't be kept (leads to feeling of instability after every bad quarter)

Advice to Senior ManagementSwitch to long term outlook, don't make promises to investors that can't be met. Focus on fulfilling new plants and improvement projects, and long term strategy will pay off. Dow has a great variety of interesting products coming down the line, with a lot of creative innovation, needs to focus on delivering those rather than cutting costs.

good company for learning processes

Purchasing Manager (Former Employee) Midland, MI

I worked at Dow Chemical full-time for more than a year

Pros: large multinational company with opportunities to progress upwards and laterally… Cons: intangibles can be more important than tangibles in rating of employees… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

A company that cares about their employers

Lab Technician (Former Employee) Midland, MI

I worked at Dow Chemical as an intern for more than a year

Pros: Dow Chemical is a great company to work for. Does not micromanage, transparent--especially for such a… Cons: Nothing in particular comes to mind. Great place! Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Dow Chemical.

Worked for Dow Chemical? Contribute to the Community!