Dow Jones

www.dj.com
There are newer employer reviews for Dow Jones

In transition...not a great place to be right now

Current Employee - Director in South Brunswick Terrace, NJ
Current Employee - Director in South Brunswick Terrace, NJ

I have been working at Dow Jones full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Smart people, ambitious team, great product.

Cons

Lackluster management team. Tyrant of a CEO. Lots of micro-management.

Employees are a stakeholder too. Figure out how to communicate with them and give them a reason to stay.

319 Other Employee Reviews for Dow Jones (View Most Recent)

Great company to work for

Former Employee - Technical Architect in Princeton, NJ
    Former Employee - Technical Architect in Princeton, NJ

I worked at Dow Jones full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Great co workers and training. Good cafetaria and health club. Onsite day care and great benefits package

Cons

Upper management has no clue ...

More managers than workers. Need to focus on employees more than saving up cost.

Great in the beginning, but a change in CEO/Corporate Leadership brought it all down

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Princeton, NJ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Princeton, NJ

I worked at Dow Jones full-time (more than a year)

Pros

I loved working there until there was a change in CEO and the entire company culture was turned in its head. My colleagues were friendly, helpful, team-oriented and committed. I loved the work I did and the benefits wete the best I ever had.

Cons

A change in CEO saw many of my colleagues downsized right out of their jobs by a new regime that seemed to be inexperienced and arrogant, a bad combination. They made cuts in staff that seemed random and excessive, laying off many long-term employees who had spent years at Dow Jones. They were from a rival organization and it appearded tatthey were trying to change the entire corporate culture to mirror that of the rival organization.

I wih you all the best, but changing the corporate culture and eliminating so many people with most of the knowledge about products and services doesn't seem to be a smart move. nor does placing junior-level people in senior level positions (a former admin. is now head of global customer service at the age of 26?!?). When you start to change the brand of The Wall Street Journal, I have some serious reservations about the direction in which you are headed. Many of those who weren't laid off wish they had been.

There are newer employer reviews for Dow Jones