There are newer employer reviews for Dr Pepper Snapple Group

Could be a leader in the beverage industry but is too busy stumbling over it self to realize it.

Former Employee - Account Sales Manager in Gonzales, LA
Former Employee - Account Sales Manager in Gonzales, LA

I worked at Dr Pepper Snapple Group

Pros

The flexibility. I was a Account Sales Manager and have 3 young boy and this job offered the flexibility for me to drop them off at school, take them to the doctors when needed, ect...I had to do this all on my own without my district manager knowing. As long as I serviced my customers everything was cool

Cons

PAY, PAY, PAY. No company car, the gas mileage they pay you is at least 15 to 20 cents lower than the national average. The commission structure plus base pay makes zero sense. As a salesman you have to rely on 6 to 8 people doing their job properly in order to make your commission. Once you make a sale and key in your orders it is all out of your hands. No product in the warehouse, the warehouse workers building incorrect orders, no drivers to make the deliveries, drivers skipping deliveries, ect... Also, do not expect upper management to step in and help close a hard sale. I had several occasions when I needed my district manager to help close and he always had something more important to do. And forget about resources to help you sell properly.

Most of Senior Management started out as a salesmen, all I would suggest is to remember what it was like when they were out pounding the streets trying to make a sale

reviews filtered by
  1. I am working in DPSG for last 2 years it is ok to work here asa every one is friendly

Current Employee - Associate Consultant in Noida (India)
    Current Employee - Associate Consultant in Noida (India)

I have been working at Dr Pepper Snapple Group full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Every one will be Co operative and help you to reach your goal

Cons

less hikes and no onsite oppurtunities

Please consider the person who is working hard instead of experienced people

2. It has been a good company to work with and for.

Current Employee - Merchandiser
    Current Employee - Merchandiser

I have been working at Dr Pepper Snapple Group full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I like the hours I work, going in early and being done at an hour that leaves me with a good chunk of after noon/early evening is really nice. I do a kind of subcontracting and work with someone who has a route and he has me merchandise.

Cons

The lack of any kind of medical, dental, 401k, stock option, or any other fringe benefits is a really bad con. It has made it hard to stay with the company. I do a kind of subcontracting and work with someone who has a route and he has me merchandise.

Add way for the men and women who run your routes to offer better benefits.

There are newer employer reviews for Dr Pepper Snapple Group