Dr Pepper Snapple Group
www.drpeppersnapplegroup.com Plano, TX 5000+ Employees

Horrible pay, Good benefits, pay comes down to $8.50 an hour when you calculate all the OT you put in.

Full Service Driver (Current Employee)
Houston, TX

ProsHealth Benefits.
Discount on Drinks.
Free water bottles, lol.

ConsYou are hired as a salary employee, but what they fail to tell you is that you WILL have to work 12 hour shifts OR MORE(till the route is done). The pay while in training is $120 a day. Basically if you work 40 hours a week plus 20 hours overtime they are paying you around $8.50 an hour. Once your done with training the pay is $55 a day plus commission which is .65 cents per case of cans, .85 cents per case of bottles. Which I think is good but you WILL NEVER sell more than 100 cases on a GOOD day. Basically you are fighting EVERYDAY to make $8.50 an hour and putting a 12 hour shift to do so. Sounds good huh? <---Sarcasm. I just wish they would of told me all of this before they hired me, HR will not discuss anything about hours or commission pay, they say they don't have a clue, which is a lie. They would save money being honest about it because I would of never wasted their time, I don't ask for much, I would be happy with $12+ an hour at any job. If I would of known it was $8.50 an hour I would of just kept looking. I was expecting this job to pay from $14-$15 an hour like my friends in Dallas but for some reason the Houston location has a different pay structure.

Advice to Senior ManagementSalary increase or the option to be Hourly, you guys demand too much of us to be salary. The drivers DO ALL THE WORK and get paid the least out of everyone in the company, it just does not make sense. We are the backbone of the company.

Every employee I've talked to is trying to get into a better paying department but looks like the supervisors make it hard for them to transfer because they don't want to deal with training someone new. So once you get in a department your pretty much stuck there.

The whole checking in and out process should be a little quicker, you have 1 or 2 people that will count the cases then they will add up the numbers over and over and over until the numbers match my numbers, they refuse to use a calculator. If their going to keep adding the numbers till it matches my numbers and switching numbers around it just defeats the whole purpose of their job.

Maybe you can have the people who load the product count and seal/lock the truck that way we can just hand over an inventory sheet to the people at the check point so they wont need to sit there counting over and over until our numbers match. All they have to do is check to make sure the SEALS have not been broken. Once we get out the gate we can break the seal on the truck and go about our day.
I hear they do this in the Dallas location, I don't see why the Houston location is not doing the same. Also I have friends in the Dallas location and they get PAID MORE why?

DPSG has been a positive experience for my professional growth

Plano, TX

I have been working at Dr Pepper Snapple Group

Pros: The company is growing. Executives are very friendly. People from the outside have interest in the business.… Cons: If you don't have experience in sales, it's pretty difficult to move… Advice to Senior Management: Provide stock options and bonuses to non managers. Install a… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

To many hours very little pay

Route Driver (Current Employee)
    Tulsa, OK

I have been working at Dr Pepper Snapple Group

Pros: -Train you to get your CDL -Impossible to get fired -Alot smaller loads… Cons: -60 + hours a week -Overtime is only 6-5 dollars a hour -daily rate is a joke -Expected to finish your route at a fast pace to… Advice to Senior Management: Pay employees what they deserve over time should be time and a half not 5 bucks a hour If you pay… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Dr Pepper Snapple Group.

Worked for Dr Pepper Snapple Group? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Dr Pepper Snapple Group reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Dr Pepper Snapple Group CEO Larry D. Young. All reviews posted anonymously by Dr Pepper Snapple Group employees.