Dr Pepper Snapple Group

www.drpeppersnapplegroup.com

Horrible pay, Good benefits, pay comes down to $8.50 an hour when you calculate all the OT you put in.

Current Employee - Full Service Driver  in  Houston, TX
Current Employee - Full Service Driver in Houston, TX

Pros

Health Benefits.
Discount on Drinks.
Free water bottles, lol.

Cons

You are hired as a salary employee, but what they fail to tell you is that you WILL have to work 12 hour shifts OR MORE(till the route is done). The pay while in training is $120 a day. Basically if you work 40 hours a week plus 20 hours overtime they are paying you around $8.50 an hour. Once your done with training the pay is $55 a day plus commission which is .65 cents per case of cans, .85 cents per case of bottles. Which I think is good but you WILL NEVER sell more than 100 cases on a GOOD day. Basically you are fighting EVERYDAY to make $8.50 an hour and putting a 12 hour shift to do so. Sounds good huh? <---Sarcasm. I just wish they would of told me all of this before they hired me, HR will not discuss anything about hours or commission pay, they say they don't have a clue, which is a lie. They would save money being honest about it because I would of never wasted their time, I don't ask for much, I would be happy with $12+ an hour at any job. If I would of known it was $8.50 an hour I would of just kept looking. I was expecting this job to pay from $14-$15 an hour like my friends in Dallas but for some reason the Houston location has a different pay structure.

Salary increase or the option to be Hourly, you guys demand too much of us to be salary. The drivers DO ALL THE WORK and get paid the least out of everyone in the company, it just does not make sense. We are the backbone of the company.

Every employee I've talked to is trying to get into a better paying department but looks like the supervisors make it hard for them to transfer because they don't want to deal with training someone new. So once you get in a department your pretty much stuck there.

The whole checking in and out process should be a little quicker, you have 1 or 2 people that will count the cases then they will add up the numbers over and over and over until the numbers match my numbers, they refuse to use a calculator. If their going to keep adding the numbers till it matches my numbers and switching numbers around it just defeats the whole purpose of their job.

Maybe you can have the people who load the product count and seal/lock the truck that way we can just hand over an inventory sheet to the people at the check point so they wont need to sit there counting over and over until our numbers match. All they have to do is check to make sure the SEALS have not been broken. Once we get out the gate we can break the seal on the truck and go about our day.
I hear they do this in the Dallas location, I don't see why the Houston location is not doing the same. Also I have friends in the Dallas location and they get PAID MORE why?

Other reviews for Dr Pepper Snapple Group

DPSG has been a positive experience for my professional growth

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Plano, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

Pros

The company is growing. Executives are very friendly. People from the outside have interest in the business. You get to sample new products and attend celebrations for new products outside with coworkers. Very fun atmosphere.

Cons

If you don't have experience in sales, it's pretty difficult to move up. Not a lot of youth in the company. Not the best pay.

Provide stock options and bonuses to non managers. Install a career mentoring program. Don't focus quarterly meetings only on Dsd business.

To many hours very little pay

Current Employee - Route Driver  in  Tulsa, OK
    Current Employee - Route Driver in Tulsa, OK

Pros

-Train you to get your CDL
    -Impossible to get fired
    -Alot smaller loads than other bigger brands since in OK you do not do DP

Cons

-60 + hours a week
    -Overtime is only 6-5 dollars a hour
    -daily rate is a joke
    -Expected to finish your route at a fast pace to help other slower drivers
    -most days are 14 hours
    -Promotions come with less pay because salary is less than that of drivers
    -Co-workers are barely able to do their job because of low pay quality is not there
    -Extremely high turnover avg. for diver is less than 2 months
    -All other positions are way under paid and over worked
    I would not work here unless you like working 60 hard hours a week and have no future goals with a company
    Get your CDL and leave

Pay employees what they deserve over time should be time and a half not 5 bucks a hour
    If you pay employees more you will attract better quality and spend less training new drivers every few months
    Hold employees accountable for their actions

There are newer employer reviews for Dr Pepper Snapple Group.

Worked for Dr Pepper Snapple Group? Contribute to the Community!