Dr Pepper Snapple Group

DPSG

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Dr Pepper Snapple Group

Pros

I have gained valuable management from my experiences at DPSG and I was given the opportunity in management at young age and it has benefited me greatly.

Cons

I was given very little up front training and was forced to figure out my current position on the fly, as well as never being given a job description or given solid expectations. Positive feedback is hard to come by but negative feedback is always present.

Try harder to make your employees feel valued. A pat on the back goes a long way. Think about all that people do and how much they contribute when considering employees salaries and potential raises.

200 Other Employee Reviews for Dr Pepper Snapple Group (View Most Recent)

The company is profitable, but at what cost to the employees?

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

I have been working at Dr Pepper Snapple Group

Pros

The company is profitable and the future for flavored beverages is great. If you work in R&D, sales, and/or marketing, this is a great place to work. If you are in IT, Finance/Accounting, Supply Chain, HR, and/or Operations, there are probably better places to find employment.

Cons

Many employees consistently work 12-15 hours a day. Internals are regularly promoted, but don't expect any extra pay for the extra responsibilities you take on; the comp strategy is tight. Management does a poor job of communicating and cascading goals/objectives, leaving employees confused at best. The company is sneaky about finding ways to "eliminate" and/or outsource jobs to get rid of employees that are no longer wanted/needed. There is a focus on "crushing costs," but in many cases this is at the expense of the company's human capital; departments are so thin, they're anorexic, and this "lean people" strategy is not sustainable long-term. As you might expect, turnover is high.

The company is clearly making money hand-over-fist, so why not share the wealth with a bonus structure for all employees? And, why try to cut back on employee benefits by scaling back the number of holidays from 12 to 10 days? These actions send a negative message to your employees; keep an eye on your turnover - I expect it will go up substantially if these trends continue. People do have other opportunities, and your really good people will leave.

Great people, great opportunities

Former Employee - Finance Intern in Plano, TX
    Former Employee - Finance Intern in Plano, TX

I worked at Dr Pepper Snapple Group

Pros

The people are great, friendly, and will make you feel welcome as soon as you come in. The company has a lot of growth potential and you will be promoted based on ability, not seniority. There are some young managers and VP's because of this. The hours are also reasonable.

Cons

Plano isn't the best city to work in when you're young, but its a good place to raise a family.

You've cultivated a very open and welcoming atmosphere where people can look forward to going to work. I enjoyed almost every day.

There are newer employer reviews for Dr Pepper Snapple Group