DrChrono

www.drchrono.com
  www.drchrono.com
There are newer employer reviews for DrChrono

A place to change the world.

I have been working at DrChrono full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

If you are looking to join a Silicon Valley tech startup that has a vision of the future, drchrono is the place to be. The team is amazing and doing things that healthcare needs.

Ever wonder what it was like to work at the big fortune 500 companies when there were just twenty people at the company? drchrono is that.

Cons

It is a software company at heart that is in healthcare. So if you love software this is a company to be in.

25 Other Employee Reviews for DrChrono (View Most Recent)

Like Disneyland But For Adults Who Dream of A Wonderful Career

Current Employee - Account Manager in Mountain View, CA
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at DrChrono full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I had always dreamed of working for Disneyland again but I always said if I ever went back, it would be to have a kick butt job in their corporate offices. I hit the mother load with drchrono, as it is everything I have always wanted and more. I absolutely love working for this company. Sure it has it's challenges but 99% of the time, it's seriously magical. Cool Apple gear that I use every day, hours are flexible and a creative, fun environment where your team really hears what you have to say. That's hard to come by these days and as long as you are a hard worker, you will be rewarded. Health insurance is covered 80% but you have the opportunity to get the absolutely best insurance and when it's the best, paying 20% is pennies.

They really trust the judgement of their employees, yet they give feedback in a respectful manner. It allows me to trust myself when making decisions.

Their developers are highly valued which I love. Another rare thing to come by. Usually devs are at the bottom of the totem pole in most companies but every employee is an equal at drchrono. They are the heart and soul of this company. The collaboration is unmatched. The learning opportunities are huge and they really care about people learning and growing, both as people and employees. We are growing so fast and the passion and dedication that each employee has is going to make this company huge. The CEO and COO are so great and are genuinely nice people that are hard-working and truly care about their employees. I love it here and I am really, really happy.

Cons

-This isn't really a con but it's definitely something for prospective employees to know: this isn't your typical 9-5. If that's what your looking for, this job isn't for you. We work hard, but we play even harder and all those late nights are worth it to work in an environment where I can excel at what I am good at and explore new talents and be able to utilize them and hone them. We don't work long hours or weekends because we have to, we work long hours because we want to and we really care about the difference we are making (as cliche as that sounds.) Once thing I found in life is that cliches are cliches for a reason, because they're true.
    -Sink or swim mentality. Again, not necessarily a con but something to know. You really need to be able to learn quickly and contribute even quicker. Especially if you're a dev.
    -Training program needs work.

-Adopt more processes.
    -Create solid workflows for employees.
    -Create a standardized training process.

Underpaid. Overworked. Disrespected.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at DrChrono full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The company is a great stepping stone into Silicon Valley, they mostly hire out of the area. They also do H1-B visas for qualified applicants which is nice. Their product is compelling and is slowly gaining traction with small practices.

Cons

When all the best (lead and senior) employees have left within the past 6 months at a <20 person startup, and all the people who remain are forced to stay (H-1B sponsorship), you know there's something wrong. Almost everyone has left because of issues with the leadership and their poor (micro)management of employees.

Every week a new feature needs to be "hacked" together, nothing has polish, nothing performs well. Employees have little to no control over their work, and the employees who write the worst code are most appreciated, as long as they "hack" quickly and don't spend time to polish and clean up their work.

The company is very distracted product-wise, chasing "sexy" new features that customers don't actually want while neglecting the core product that people pay for. Bugs pile up but are brushed under the carpet as resources are pushed to develop and sell new under-developed features.

When the leadership has been known to say things like "I don't care for employee happiness", and "people should be thankful to have the opportunity to work for me", you can imagine how much your opinion really matters as an employee.

What was once an industry leading brainchild startup revolutionizing healthcare is now a sad, broke, angsty teenage startup that refuses to grow up and realize its potential. Growing pains is an understatement. The dream factory has broken down and is now where dreams go to die.

Grow up. Listen to your employees, you hired them because they're smarter than you, so let them be smart and use that to your advantage. Otherwise just outsource everything if you just want employees who do as they're told, it's cheaper anyway.

There are newer employer reviews for DrChrono