There are newer employer reviews for DrChrono

Great internship

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Mountain View, CA
Former Employee - Software Engineer in Mountain View, CA

I worked at DrChrono as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

I had a fun, productive summer working at drchrono. My bosses let me choose which projects I wanted to work on, I had full ownership (and responsibility) for my projects, and I got to develop software using cutting-edge technologies. There were only two meetings a week, which was a big plus for me.

Cons

Sometimes healthcare isn't the most exciting field -- complying with privacy laws can be an interesting challenge, but it can also be a pain. Shipping features is prioritized over writing perfect code.

19 Other Employee Reviews for DrChrono (View Most Recent)

Micro management

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at DrChrono full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Good way to break into the Silicon Valley and start your career.

Cons

Management has big hopes for this product and goes so far as to compare themselves to google and Facebook. It's some what amusing. They'll micro manage you to death.

Grow up and get over your self!

Hard work but rewarding experience

I have been working at DrChrono full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The experience you gain working at drchrono is invaluable. You can be involved in all aspects of the company- sales, support, development, design. The founders are approachable and willing to meet with each employee individually. The company is going through a period of tremendous growth and is probably going to raise another round of funding. We have the best product in the industry.

Cons

drchrono is going through real growing pains. Startups will often times pivot or have a change in vision. At one point, the tension within the company was palpable because there were an obvious number of people (6-7) that were frustrated and unhappy. They became increasingly difficult to work with. Pretty much all of the those employees are gone. There are around 20 of us still working here and passionate about what we do. drchrono is definitely not "Disney Land", but I can honestly say my experience at this company is very different from the negative reviews below. I hate writing reviews, but the review just prior to mine was not just insulting to management, but it was insulting to everyone that still works here. FYI, our goals and dreams are very much alive.

Keep designating strong leaders to each department and keep listening to department needs. You are doing a good job so far and we are excited about all the changes coming soon.

There are newer employer reviews for DrChrono