I've worked at a few places and this is the best so far

Current Employee - Implementation Specialist  in  Mountain View, CA
Current Employee - Implementation Specialist in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at DrChrono full-time for more than a year

Pros

The platform just works, I've see junk software in healthcare and these guys have the best thing on the market. I've seen smoke and mirrors, but this isn't that in every aspect.

Cons

The team works extremely hard, it is a smaller team compared to the larger crappier vendors that have teams of 1000's of people. This is a team of less then 100 people working amazingly hard. Get ready to work if you work with them! This is a good thing if you care about healthcare. Not a good thing if you are looking for a 9 to 5 job.

Other Reviews for DrChrono

One of the best experiences I've had

Former Employee - Sales Development  in  Mountain View, CA
    Former Employee - Sales Development in Mountain View, CA

I worked at DrChrono as an intern for less than a year

Pros

Great product, easy to sell, drchrono takes care of their employees. Drchrono employees are given opportunities to perform tasks different from what they were hired to do originally. If you truly enjoy helping companies become great, this is the company to work for!

Cons

I really enjoyed working at drc and have no cons to mention.

Be honest and straightforward with your employees.

rough but worth it

I worked at DrChrono full-time for more than a year

Pros

You'll grow and learn invaluable lessons that you won't get at many other startups. drchrono is a high-growth, hard to handle startup. This is one of the few companies that's been able to meet the extraordinarily high demands of Silicon Valley growth.

I was personally also able to grow in multiple capacities at the company -- serving in customer support, quality assurance, account management/sales, and leading Meaningful Use attestations. At one point, I was given code access to make small changes to the site to improve the user experience for customers at very fast speeds, making changes that would never otherwise reach our devs. That's the kind of experience you'll have at drchrono - unconventional but lean.

They focus on shipping over writing the perfect solution. The faster you get feedback, the faster you can learn. This is a different philosophy that's not right for everyone, or many in the Silicon Valley. In the Valley, you have engineers who want perfect machines... not craftsman who want perfect solutions to a customer's problem. The distinction is subtle but necessary to make. First, you must discover what those problems are... then you engineer to them to the point where engagement and happiness hits. No premature optimizations.

Cons

The challenges at this company are communication and appreciation. These are challenges at every small startup as they grow. Most startups must be founded by brut force individuals, who will stop at nothing to get the job done. Then, founders must shift to being managers and leaders, and to focus on other metrics.

Communicate your goals to your team with metrics they can manage and own completely. Embrace their tips, show them you appreciate them for their work, and never get down on them in front of others or rarely at all. Focus on picking the team up and encouraging them to try different solutions -- embrace their hunger to try what they want. Let them try their ideas then impress you or make a mistake. That's why you hire them.

There are newer employer reviews for DrChrono.

Worked for DrChrono? Contribute to the Community!