Stay Away from this Company

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Rockville, MD
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rockville, MD

I worked at DrFirst full-time for more than a year

Pros

Direct access to the Executive Management but not helpful

Cons

Company doesn't care about their employees, even though they keep on using management tactics to motive people and provide them false hope on improvements.

Few problems observed while working with the company:

1. Company treats development resources as cheap labor and treat them like robots who works 24/7 without a break. This may have came from their culture background as a company

2. Company throws every problem at development and account them responsible for every failure in the company instead of identifying root-cause of these problems.

3. Favoritism is in the blood of the company and ignore top talent and doesn't invest to build their teams.

4. No Career track

If you can sell your soul then you should think about working for the company.

Step back and think where are you going. Money is not everything in the life. Try to understand the real problems of your employees and provide them a healthy and friendly environment.

Mar 13, 2013HR Generalist

DrFirst cares deeply for our employees' health and well-being. We also strongly believe that our company operates like a team, no one is the star player, and no one takes the burden of all the ... More

Other Reviews for DrFirst

Chaotic & stressful; I learned a lot but would not want to be there for the long haul.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Rockville, MD
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rockville, MD

I worked at DrFirst full-time for less than a year

Pros

There was a lot of freedom in defining your position, or at least there was within the marketing department, so you have the opportunity to take on as much responsibility as you want, and learn a lot of new things.

Cons

Everyone was so busy that most people weren't willing to work together if it meant any additional work. The company is pretty disorganized and many of the employees were stressed out and unhappy, hence the extremely high turnover rate. Also management gave conflicting feedback, sometimes they were perfectly happy with your performance, and sometimes you were in danger of being let go, all within the same week. Along with conflicting feedback was conflicting priorities: any exec from any department could step in at any time and tell you that this new project was the highest priority, whether it was marketing based or the company's new Christmas card. In an effort to be more organized, we spent a good portion of our time in meetings, but the point of the meetings tended to be yelling at people for bad results, rather than brainstorming and organizing new projects, so they weren't terribly helpful.

I don't know anything about managing people, but from the employee end, it is just about impossible to improve performance and to do what management wants, if what management wants changes daily. Also, using the carrot occasionally, rather than just the stick will do wonders for people's morale. Having left the company, I'm still unsure whether my performance was lacking, or if DrFirst is just a bunch of nutjobs and there's no way to win there. Maybe I just didn't figure it out in time.

Mar 13, 2013HR Generalist

We appreciate this feedback and have made a concerted effort to add more structure, clearer goals and greater mentorship to our Marketing dept. The leadership of a department is critically important ... More

Work Charity

Former Employee - Software Engineer  in  Rockville, MD
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Rockville, MD

I worked at DrFirst full-time for less than a year

Pros

If you have family problems you can spend all time at work .

Cons

Not developer friendly. 10-15 Developers carry all the company load. after work hours are also taken for granted.

All the responsibilities shifted to Development team.Dev team is not the solution always. Give some work to Architects for Design. Tell the work hours and culture in the offer itself .

Mar 13, 2013HR Generalist

We have made some very big changes to the development department since Sept 2012. We have reorganized the teams, created more structure around responsibilities and divided up the work. We welcome any ... More

There are newer employer reviews for DrFirst.

Worked for DrFirst? Contribute to the Community!