DrFirst

There are newer employer reviews for DrFirst

Professional Experience

Current Employee - Marketing in Rockville, MD
Current Employee - Marketing in Rockville, MD

I have been working at DrFirst full-time (more than an year)

Pros

DrFirst isn't a place where you can come to your job, do the minimum work possible, and enjoy prolonged job security. So if that's what you're looking for, you'll probably agree with a lot of the negative reviews for the company. But if you're the type of person who rises to a challenge, enjoys being given responsibility and projects that impact the company's success, and wants to gain professional experience that will be applicable to any future job, you'll fit in well with the company.

Cons

In any mid-to-large-sized company (like DrFirst), there will always be some levels of frustration with the bureaucracy, "passing the buck," or differing attitudes towards work. Really, handling them just comes down to your level of professionalism and understanding that these aren't unique to any given employer.

64 Other Employee Reviews for DrFirst (View Most Recent)

At DrFirst hard work and smart thinking are definitely rewarded

Current Employee - Marketing Communications Manager in Rockville, MD
    Current Employee - Marketing Communications Manager in Rockville, MD

I have been working at DrFirst full-time (less than an year)

Pros

DrFirst is an exciting company in an exciting industry. It's fast paced. It's exciting. It's fun. You get the atmosphere of a start-up with the history and longevity of a 12-year old company. Upper management has high expectations of all employees, and a system for holding us accountable. That said, hard work and smart thinking are definitely rewarded.

Cons

If you're looking to camp out in your cubicle for 8 hours a day, you won't be a good fit at DrFirst.

Great opportunity in a small innovative and challenging company

Current Employee - Technical Project Manager in Rockville, MD
    Current Employee - Technical Project Manager in Rockville, MD

I have been working at DrFirst full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

“Being an employee of DrFirst since December of 2007 I have seen a lot of changes but all for the better. Being what I would consider a small company DrFirst has had a lot of challenges but has always overcame any obstacle and learned from these problems to become the amazing company that it is. DrFirst has helped me grow in both a professional and a personal level by encouraging me to take on challenges and tasks with both an open mind and in a open environment. When taking on tasks I am given all of the tools needed and creative freedom to tackle the task in the best way I see fit. Since working with DrFirst I have gained confidence in both communication and professional development which has been unparalleled. After 5 years I can honestly say I look forward to what we do next as a company and how I am going to grow right alongside it.”

Cons

Being a small company can be a big challenge at times because it can be hard to know what should be the correct focus area. I can be pulled in many directions at times and can where many hats. I do not think this is exactly a true negative though and instead just another challenge that helps me develop my professionalism problem solving skills.

There are newer employer reviews for DrFirst