There are newer employer reviews for DrFirst

Professional Experience

Current Employee - Marketing in Rockville, MD
Current Employee - Marketing in Rockville, MD

I have been working at DrFirst full-time (more than a year)

Pros

DrFirst isn't a place where you can come to your job, do the minimum work possible, and enjoy prolonged job security. So if that's what you're looking for, you'll probably agree with a lot of the negative reviews for the company. But if you're the type of person who rises to a challenge, enjoys being given responsibility and projects that impact the company's success, and wants to gain professional experience that will be applicable to any future job, you'll fit in well with the company.

Cons

In any mid-to-large-sized company (like DrFirst), there will always be some levels of frustration with the bureaucracy, "passing the buck," or differing attitudes towards work. Really, handling them just comes down to your level of professionalism and understanding that these aren't unique to any given employer.

reviews filtered by

At DrFirst hard work and smart thinking are definitely rewarded

Current Employee - Marketing Communications Manager in Rockville, MD
    Current Employee - Marketing Communications Manager in Rockville, MD

I have been working at DrFirst full-time (less than a year)

Pros

DrFirst is an exciting company in an exciting industry. It's fast paced. It's exciting. It's fun. You get the atmosphere of a start-up with the history and longevity of a 12-year old company. Upper management has high expectations of all employees, and a system for holding us accountable. That said, hard work and smart thinking are definitely rewarded.

Cons

If you're looking to camp out in your cubicle for 8 hours a day, you won't be a good fit at DrFirst.

Rewarding, Challenging, and Exciting Experience

Current Employee - Business Analyst in Rockville, MD
    Current Employee - Business Analyst in Rockville, MD

I have been working at DrFirst full-time (more than a year)

Pros

I take great pride and enjoy the fulfilling self-achievement working as a Business Technical Analyst ('BTA') here. My position plays a very important role in this company and it directly affects how doctors can better provide medical services to patients.

As a BTA, I work closely with requirements, large data, user interface designs, testing, and deployment planning.

I take my job very seriously, because I know every my efforts and inputs matters to the product we deliver. And, the product improves thousands of doctors and patients' lives everyday – Pretty Cool, eah?

The best part working as a BTA in DrFirst is - my job function is never fixed and is always challenging. I am constantly encouraged to play different roles; to learn and to perform different job functions. In very fast gone by 8 month so far, I have done work on business analysis, project management, setting up a knowledgebase, QA, and data mining work.

Here, at DrFirst, only sky is the limit. You just need to voice yourself out to participate projects that are interested to you.

Cons

Lengthy Hiring Process. The hiring and interview processes are lengthy and cumbersome. In fact, I have gone through 3 interviews and 1 analytical assessment – it doesn’t really both me.

In fact, I feel much more job security and can be certain the people I work with are brilliant and quality individuals.

Advice to Management

Supportive Hiring Staff. The DrFirst HR staffs are very supportive. Once, you are hired, the company is determined to bring you onboard. I had an issue applying for work visa before I started my job. The HR and legal team at DrFirst were very responsive and supportive to help me resolve issues to allow me to start my job on time.

There are newer employer reviews for DrFirst