Poor leadership

Former Employee - Controller in Warren, OH
Former Employee - Controller in Warren, OH

I worked at Drake Manufacturing full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Many good people working there.

Cons

Position was misrepresented. Was new position but did not have discretion to operate my way as I was promised. Wanted to maintain the status quo despite promises otherwise

Advice to Management

The President needs to take responsibility for his failure to meet the business plan and for dragging his feet in obtaining additional financing.

Other Employee Reviews for Drake Manufacturing

1. CAD Drafting

Former Contractor - CAD Drafter in Warren, OH
    Former Contractor - CAD Drafter in Warren, OH

I worked at Drake Manufacturing as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Growing company, personable, professional. Training opportunities were available and encouraged. Great employee group, both on the production floor and in the office. Production personnel were very helpful to help you learn and understand their process of building the machines. Very nice group.

Cons

Ambiguous. It wasn't always known what you needed to do or who was the contact person. I was told they were working on a plan to keep me on and then I was let go without any warning. When I first started there I was placed in a standard cubicle, then I was placed at a desk barely elbow width where I could barely move. No work space at all. I was there for 2 months and then they put me in a regular cubicle where I was until they terminated my contract due to lack of work,as they were/are experiencing a downturn.

Advice to Management

My advice to them would be to be more forthcoming with another contract employee. Lead the person to believe that it is only a contract position and that it either has a definite limit, or is to be considered temporary, to fill a company need. When a person is on with a company for more than 6 months it gives the idea that it could become permanent. If that's not the case make it clearly understood.

Micromanaged company

Former Employee - Service Engineer in Warren, OH
    Former Employee - Service Engineer in Warren, OH

I worked at Drake Manufacturing full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Got some good opportunities to travel to different countries. If you can work here then you work anywhere.

Cons

Micromanaged company and the management should stand up for the failures instead of pointing at the employees. No proper guidance or support when you are working outside the country from anyone. Very bad work balance. The actual work is no where related to the job description. Would advice others to get opinion from current employees about how the upper management treats the employees. Health insurance is horrible.

Advice to Management

Management should take up some responsibility before all the good employees leave the company. Instead of micromanaging communicate with the employees and hire some capable managers who can lead the project and deliver.