There are newer employer reviews for DreamBox Learning

Great growing start up of earnest, passionate and smart people

I have been working at DreamBox Learning full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Someone just told me about this site and in reading the reviews I feel like they in no way reflect the company I work with, the people I work with, or the environment and potential of the place I come to work with every day. I feel like every review written here is by a disgruntled ex-employee (or someone who will be one soon) and should be taken with a serious grain of salt.

DreamBox is the 5th company I've worked at (from big global companies to small start ups) and it is a great place to work. The team is smart and motivated, the leadership cares about the product and its impact on kids, the people and the company. The company is at a great size for collaboration, exciting projects and continued growth. The product is amazing. I enjoy coming to work. I enjoy my colleagues. I enjoy the work we are doing together.

We have had a number of folks leave in the last 1.5 years after we were acquired--which I have seen at many other companies as well. We have also hired a number- going from about 20 people to closer to 50 or 60. In looking back most of the folks who left were just not happy with the changes that come with a growing and evolving company. That is fair. I believe if you are not happy- you should find a different job. On the upside, the atmosphere of the company, the culture and collaboration has improved significantly since a number of folks have moved on. I wish them all the best in the future.

Cons

We've gone through a lot of changes in the last two years- from a small, passionate and earnest start up to being acquired, hiring a new CEO, and growing the team. Going from a start up to a company with more defined roles and procedures is always hard--and some folks take the changes and evolution better than others. Coming from a larger company in the past I thought it was exciting to see DreamBox moving towards its potential from a small seed and vision to growing cusotmers, students, and employees. I miss many of the wonderful folks who have left the company--but also know that DreamBox has added really talented new team members along the way that will help us continue to improve our product for kids, teachers and schools.

17 Other Employee Reviews for DreamBox Learning (View Most Recent)

A dsyfunctional CEO

I have been working at DreamBox Learning

Pros

The product is amazing! Unfortunately, the current leadership had nothing to do with it so they don't understand how to think about product creation.

Cons

The CEO is simply ill-suited to run a company.

Management doesn't have a plan -- they have randomizing ideas that cause huge shifts without data to support them.

EVERYONE I know there is looking for another job. So there is no lasting loyalty or long-term views.

Students and shareholders are being poorly served by naked ambitions.So, my advice is to the Board: please remove the leadership and look at what worked in the past.

Fantastic product - terrible place to work

I have been working at DreamBox Learning

Pros

DreamBox has one of the best math products around! The potential is huge.
    Most co-workers are great to work with and everyone works hard.
    Medical benefits are wonderful - but costly to add spouse.

Cons

Very high stress environment with little or no support from senior management. Turnover has been high (especially in HR) and many employees are looking for other jobs. Raises and promotions, (if and when you can get one) are given grudgingly.

Stop the treating employees like second class citizens. You've got a phenomenal product that employees believe in. Time to believe in your employees.

There are newer employer reviews for DreamBox Learning

Worked for DreamBox Learning? Contribute to the Community!