There are newer employer reviews for DreamBox Learning

Take Another Look at DreamBox - 2013

Current Employee - Senior Account Manager  in  Bellevue, WA
Current Employee - Senior Account Manager in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at DreamBox Learning full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

We are a growing! We have an AMAZING product that is changing how kids learn math. It is a privilege to be a part of a company all about helping students learn with technology, regardless of their zip code. This is a company you will want to work for. People with a passion, a product to revolutionize the way kids learn and a continual vision for aggressive growth. I am proud to be a part of DreamBox Learning!

Cons

Some past employees who either left because we grew out of "start up mode" or were let go feel the need to negatively vent on glassdoor. Change is hard and uncomfortable, but those of us who have stuck it out have seen our CEO's vision come to fruition. Don't get me wrong - it's not perfect, but management is focused on making the DreamBox Learning culture better all the time and it is nothing like most of the reviews here.

Continue to motivate, mentor and recognize the hard work and success of your great teams. We have a great LT in place and look forward to our future growth.

17 Other Employee Reviews for DreamBox Learning (View Most Recent)

Like to watch and be a part of slow motion train wrecks? This is the place to be!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Bellevue, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at DreamBox Learning full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good product and some great people that are very intelligent. Creativity manages to thrive even though environment was perfectly designed to stifle it. Software is supposed to help kids succeed, which is a noble goal. Excellent rooftop views for periods of unusual weather. High level of staff churn means you get to work with new people all the time and don't need to develop more than superficial relationships with coworkers. Almost 100% chance that the human resources staff that hired you won't be there to fire you.

Cons

As with bad reality TV, the DreamBox Learning experience could use better scripting. Can only imagine that senior management meetings are most in need given the stuff that comes out of them. But, if you're looking for a place to use as the basis for writing a business case study someday, you couldn't pick a better company to join. As long as business success isn't a criterion.

Collectively resign under the guise of wanting to spend more time with your families. Or, stop dreaming and start thinking. Adaptively.

Great growing start up of earnest, passionate and smart people

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Bellevue, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at DreamBox Learning full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Someone just told me about this site and in reading the reviews I feel like they in no way reflect the company I work with, the people I work with, or the environment and potential of the place I come to work with every day. I feel like every review written here is by a disgruntled ex-employee (or someone who will be one soon) and should be taken with a serious grain of salt.

DreamBox is the 5th company I've worked at (from big global companies to small start ups) and it is a great place to work. The team is smart and motivated, the leadership cares about the product and its impact on kids, the people and the company. The company is at a great size for collaboration, exciting projects and continued growth. The product is amazing. I enjoy coming to work. I enjoy my colleagues. I enjoy the work we are doing together.

We have had a number of folks leave in the last 1.5 years after we were acquired--which I have seen at many other companies as well. We have also hired a number- going from about 20 people to closer to 50 or 60. In looking back most of the folks who left were just not happy with the changes that come with a growing and evolving company. That is fair. I believe if you are not happy- you should find a different job. On the upside, the atmosphere of the company, the culture and collaboration has improved significantly since a number of folks have moved on. I wish them all the best in the future.

Cons

We've gone through a lot of changes in the last two years- from a small, passionate and earnest start up to being acquired, hiring a new CEO, and growing the team. Going from a start up to a company with more defined roles and procedures is always hard--and some folks take the changes and evolution better than others. Coming from a larger company in the past I thought it was exciting to see DreamBox moving towards its potential from a small seed and vision to growing cusotmers, students, and employees. I miss many of the wonderful folks who have left the company--but also know that DreamBox has added really talented new team members along the way that will help us continue to improve our product for kids, teachers and schools.

There are newer employer reviews for DreamBox Learning

Worked for DreamBox Learning? Contribute to the Community!