There are newer employer reviews for DreamBox Learning

Being A part of the Next Big Thing, and Helping Kids while doing it!

Current Employee - Account Executive  in  Raleigh, NC
Current Employee - Account Executive in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at DreamBox Learning full-time

Pros

The amazing blended of brains at this company allows for every single employee to learn something new every single day. The sales team learns from development, the CEO is always jumping in on idea collaboration and is super approachable, and the client success and marketing teams want to be as hands on as possible. This truly feels like a family where everyone has the same goal, and everyone is willing and happy to go the extra mile to get there. Fantastic product that is going to rock the education software industry!

Cons

Sales team goals are very high, and expectations to produce are right there with them. Yearly quotas are some of the largest numbers I have seen in general across the industry. However, training is there and sales management is very accessible. Culture is still forming, so everyone brings new flavor to the team and new ideas of what they would like to see happening each day.

Lead by example and share those examples much more openly about what/how/why something works, be specific. Be consistent with messaging, even if are company is transitioning and evolving.

17 Other Employee Reviews for DreamBox Learning (View Most Recent)

Best-in-Class Product

Current Employee - Sales/Customer Service  in  Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Sales/Customer Service in Seattle, WA

I have been working at DreamBox Learning full-time for more than a year

Pros

This company has what so many others don't--a truly best-in-class product that has the potential to help millions of kids. Kids write in feedback daily about what lessons they love, and how they are now good at math and are learning so much.
    I love hearing from customers how much DreamBox is helping their students and teachers.
    Good office location- right next to Expedia and the Civica buliding.
    Nice coworkers.
    Decent work/life balance.
    Folks race scooters around the office, nice summer party with families, clowns, food and games, lots of folks are parents so they get when you kid is sick you need to work from home, etc.
    You get to help kids across the country and in your backyard (Seattle Public Schools, Bellevue Public Schools, Mercer Island Schools, Highline Schools).

Cons

The usual with any company...firedrills, too many initiatives and not enough time.

Continue to value your employees and invest in them. Focus on what is working. Praise in public and coach in private.

Take Another Look at DreamBox - 2013

Current Employee - Senior Account Manager  in  Bellevue, WA
    Current Employee - Senior Account Manager in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at DreamBox Learning full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

We are a growing! We have an AMAZING product that is changing how kids learn math. It is a privilege to be a part of a company all about helping students learn with technology, regardless of their zip code. This is a company you will want to work for. People with a passion, a product to revolutionize the way kids learn and a continual vision for aggressive growth. I am proud to be a part of DreamBox Learning!

Cons

Some past employees who either left because we grew out of "start up mode" or were let go feel the need to negatively vent on glassdoor. Change is hard and uncomfortable, but those of us who have stuck it out have seen our CEO's vision come to fruition. Don't get me wrong - it's not perfect, but management is focused on making the DreamBox Learning culture better all the time and it is nothing like most of the reviews here.

Continue to motivate, mentor and recognize the hard work and success of your great teams. We have a great LT in place and look forward to our future growth.

There are newer employer reviews for DreamBox Learning

Worked for DreamBox Learning? Contribute to the Community!