There are newer employer reviews for DreamBox Learning

THE place to help kids learn math

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at DreamBox Learning full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It is a pleasure to work someplace where the product you serve really works. DreamBox is "Best of Breed" when it comes to helping students succeed in math. The team with whom I work is fun and positive. We know how to work hard and yet how to laugh and enjoy the day, too. The managment has always been supportive of me and when I have asked for support from other departments, I have always received it. We are growing quickly and I see even more exciting things happening on the horizon for this company.

Cons

As with any start up company, there have been lots of changes. I think the targeted growth pattern may be very ambitious. Everyone needs to feel successful and sometimes that takes time, especially in the education arena.

Advice to Management

Be consistent and positive.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Being A part of the Next Big Thing, and Helping Kids while doing it!

Current Employee - Account Executive in Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at DreamBox Learning full-time

Pros

The amazing blended of brains at this company allows for every single employee to learn something new every single day. The sales team learns from development, the CEO is always jumping in on idea collaboration and is super approachable, and the client success and marketing teams want to be as hands on as possible. This truly feels like a family where everyone has the same goal, and everyone is willing and happy to go the extra mile to get there. Fantastic product that is going to rock the education software industry!

Cons

Sales team goals are very high, and expectations to produce are right there with them. Yearly quotas are some of the largest numbers I have seen in general across the industry. However, training is there and sales management is very accessible. Culture is still forming, so everyone brings new flavor to the team and new ideas of what they would like to see happening each day.

Advice to Management

Lead by example and share those examples much more openly about what/how/why something works, be specific. Be consistent with messaging, even if are company is transitioning and evolving.

Best-in-Class Product

Current Employee - Sales/Customer Service in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Sales/Customer Service in Seattle, WA

I have been working at DreamBox Learning full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This company has what so many others don't--a truly best-in-class product that has the potential to help millions of kids. Kids write in feedback daily about what lessons they love, and how they are now good at math and are learning so much. I love hearing from customers how much DreamBox is helping their students and teachers. Good office location- right next to Expedia and the Civica buliding. Nice coworkers. Decent work/life balance. Folks race scooters around the office, nice summer party with families, clowns, food and games, lots of folks are parents so they get when you kid is sick you need to work from home, etc. You get to help kids across the country and in your backyard (Seattle Public Schools, Bellevue Public Schools, Mercer Island Schools, Highline Schools).

Cons

The usual with any company...firedrills, too many initiatives and not enough time.

Advice to Management

Continue to value your employees and invest in them. Focus on what is working. Praise in public and coach in private.