DreamBox Learning

Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for DreamBox Learning

Higher standards needed

I have been working at DreamBox Learning

Pros

The product is really incredible and some of the people are wonderful. With some encouragement of my peers, I am able to do the right things even when management doesn't see it. The pay is ok and the benefits are reasonable.

Cons

Based on some frank and negative-leaning feedback on Glassdoor's reviews, I overheard management encouraging shill reviews. You can see them below as having been simultaneously posted and voted for ("THE place to help ...” Being A part of .." "Helping Kids...” Best-in-Class...” Take Another Look..."). To me, that's just unethical, misleading, and unfair to potential candidates that are considering DreamBox as a place to work and support their family.

The reviews will only get better if YOU do a better job of leading. To your team, things continue to deteriorate with acts of desperation like this. Shouldn't our CEO lead with a higher standard? Is she really blind to all the problems? If so, where are her VPs? It is all so sad.

19 Other Employee Reviews for DreamBox Learning (View Most Recent)

Like to watch and be a part of slow motion train wrecks? This is the place to be!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at DreamBox Learning full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Good product and some great people that are very intelligent. Creativity manages to thrive even though environment was perfectly designed to stifle it. Software is supposed to help kids succeed, which is a noble goal. Excellent rooftop views for periods of unusual weather. High level of staff churn means you get to work with new people all the time and don't need to develop more than superficial relationships with coworkers. Almost 100% chance that the human resources staff that hired you won't be there to fire you.

Cons

As with bad reality TV, the DreamBox Learning experience could use better scripting. Can only imagine that senior management meetings are most in need given the stuff that comes out of them. But, if you're looking for a place to use as the basis for writing a business case study someday, you couldn't pick a better company to join. As long as business success isn't a criterion.

Collectively resign under the guise of wanting to spend more time with your families. Or, stop dreaming and start thinking. Adaptively.

A dsyfunctional CEO

I have been working at DreamBox Learning

Pros

The product is amazing! Unfortunately, the current leadership had nothing to do with it so they don't understand how to think about product creation.

Cons

The CEO is simply ill-suited to run a company.

Management doesn't have a plan -- they have randomizing ideas that cause huge shifts without data to support them.

EVERYONE I know there is looking for another job. So there is no lasting loyalty or long-term views.

Students and shareholders are being poorly served by naked ambitions.So, my advice is to the Board: please remove the leadership and look at what worked in the past.

There are newer employer reviews for DreamBox Learning