There are newer employer reviews for DreamBox Learning

Higher standards needed

I have been working at DreamBox Learning

Pros

The product is really incredible and some of the people are wonderful. With some encouragement of my peers, I am able to do the right things even when management doesn't see it. The pay is ok and the benefits are reasonable.

Cons

Based on some frank and negative-leaning feedback on Glassdoor's reviews, I overheard management encouraging shill reviews. You can see them below as having been simultaneously posted and voted for ("THE place to help ...” Being A part of .." "Helping Kids...” Best-in-Class...” Take Another Look..."). To me, that's just unethical, misleading, and unfair to potential candidates that are considering DreamBox as a place to work and support their family.

The reviews will only get better if YOU do a better job of leading. To your team, things continue to deteriorate with acts of desperation like this. Shouldn't our CEO lead with a higher standard? Is she really blind to all the problems? If so, where are her VPs? It is all so sad.

17 Other Employee Reviews for DreamBox Learning (View Most Recent)

Take Another Look at DreamBox - 2013

Current Employee - Senior Account Manager  in  Bellevue, WA
    Current Employee - Senior Account Manager in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at DreamBox Learning full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

We are a growing! We have an AMAZING product that is changing how kids learn math. It is a privilege to be a part of a company all about helping students learn with technology, regardless of their zip code. This is a company you will want to work for. People with a passion, a product to revolutionize the way kids learn and a continual vision for aggressive growth. I am proud to be a part of DreamBox Learning!

Cons

Some past employees who either left because we grew out of "start up mode" or were let go feel the need to negatively vent on glassdoor. Change is hard and uncomfortable, but those of us who have stuck it out have seen our CEO's vision come to fruition. Don't get me wrong - it's not perfect, but management is focused on making the DreamBox Learning culture better all the time and it is nothing like most of the reviews here.

Continue to motivate, mentor and recognize the hard work and success of your great teams. We have a great LT in place and look forward to our future growth.

Like to watch and be a part of slow motion train wrecks? This is the place to be!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Bellevue, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at DreamBox Learning full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good product and some great people that are very intelligent. Creativity manages to thrive even though environment was perfectly designed to stifle it. Software is supposed to help kids succeed, which is a noble goal. Excellent rooftop views for periods of unusual weather. High level of staff churn means you get to work with new people all the time and don't need to develop more than superficial relationships with coworkers. Almost 100% chance that the human resources staff that hired you won't be there to fire you.

Cons

As with bad reality TV, the DreamBox Learning experience could use better scripting. Can only imagine that senior management meetings are most in need given the stuff that comes out of them. But, if you're looking for a place to use as the basis for writing a business case study someday, you couldn't pick a better company to join. As long as business success isn't a criterion.

Collectively resign under the guise of wanting to spend more time with your families. Or, stop dreaming and start thinking. Adaptively.

There are newer employer reviews for DreamBox Learning

Worked for DreamBox Learning? Contribute to the Community!