DreamHost

www.dreamhost.com

Great people to work with and learn about Linux hosting

Tech Support (Former Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsThe people are real friendly, and are always willing to help. You can always request time off or sick days as long as you explain briefly why. They provide snacks & drinks, a foosball table to take your frustrations on as well as a pool table. Very friendly environment, with freedom to do what you want with your computer set up (install anything as well as install whatever OS you decide). Desks are NOT cubicles, which of course makes it feel less like a slave environment, and some La-Z Boy chairs. Very relaxed place to work. Ability to work from home some days, and you can chose to work on holidays for half the day at home as well. For pregnancies, they give you 4 weeks paid off, and 4 weeks working from home which is a lot more than any other place I've worked at.

ConsThe starting pay was a little below average in my opinion, but I suppose it makes up in the amount of benefits and perks that you receive (like Health, Dental & Vision).

Advice to Senior ManagementThey were glad to help you out and would help you personally if you fell behind in your daily numbers. Are always flexible to assist you with any problems that you may have, like hours or days worked.

a company that cares about the bottom line, and not much else.

Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) Brea, CA

I worked at DreamHost full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Fun and interesting work environment. Coworkers are easy to talk to and are passionate about what they do. The company was listed as one of… Cons: Management seems to only care about numbers and the bottom line. The company seems to neglect quality of service and treats employees and customers like… Advice to Senior Management: Practice what you preach. If you truly care about customers and employees experiences with the company, don't treat them like cattle.… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on DreamHost.

Worked for DreamHost? Contribute to the Community!