DreamWorks Animation

www.dreamworksanimation.com

Great overall

Senior Animator (Current Employee) Redwood City, CA

ProsSmart, motivated people. Free lunch & breakfast. First run movie screenings. Lots of booze on hand. Sharing of knowledge. Internal classes/learning opportunities. Lots of parties. A world class product for the most part.

ConsVery competitive even within departments. Too director driven- if you get a bad one to work with morale is greatly affected and nothing can be done about it. Weak producers don't do anything to push directors to stick to schedules. Constant story issues that affect schedules and morale. Layoffs.

Advice to Senior ManagementThere is a big disconnect between what execs think of as current technology and processes versus what is really happening in production. It seems they have buzzwords and shareholders in mind way more than those doing the work in the trenches.

Wonderful environment, very organized but hard to move up

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Glendale, CA

I have been working at DreamWorks Animation full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Wonderful campus makes this easily the most relaxing place to work. The management is generally well organized and proficient. Jeffrey Katzenberg (CEO) seems to care… Cons: There is a bit of a problem with some of the mid-level management. Although there are many good managers, there are a few who run… Advice to Senior Management: Once you implement a complete review process which makes everyone accountable to those both… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Fantastic real world Internship experience

I have been working at DreamWorks Animation as an intern for less than a year

Pros: - supervisors and coordinators were always willing to teach and invest in interns - trusted with some major, real world experience tasks, such as notes in… Cons: - currently no career opportunities due to layoffs; a little… Advice to Senior Management: - Make internship paid Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on DreamWorks Animation.

Worked for DreamWorks Animation? Contribute to the Community!