DreamWorks Animation

www.dreamworksanimation.com

Cozy job but not very progressive.

Character Technical Director (Current Employee) Glendale, CA

ProsThe work environment here is pretty great. Lots of free food and delightful campus. The films are also quite ambitious so there are always fun problems to solve.

ConsThe technology is way behind the industry standards so we often can't match the vision from art and the director. Also everything is in house software so the skill set you learn here is not applicable to any other studio.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe management is pretty friendly provided your not in contract negotiations. However this is typical for most animation studios.

Fun, but technology isn't a priority

I have been working at DreamWorks Animation

Pros: People were great to work with and the environment was great for… Cons: No stock options, below average compensation (as it usually is… More

Not Great For 20 Somethings

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Glendale, CA

I worked at DreamWorks Animation as an intern for less than a year

Pros: All the obvious pros are there: the food, the location, working with dynamic… Cons: However, the company culture seems to specifically support young families and middle-aged parents as opposed to young people who want to start their careers. The… Advice to Senior Management: Address the fierce competition in the lower ranks which seems somewhat… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on DreamWorks Animation.

Worked for DreamWorks Animation? Contribute to the Community!