DreamWorks Animation
www.dreamworksanimation.com Glendale, CA 1000 to 5000 Employees

Good pay, free food, stable and interesting company.

Software Engineer (Current Employee)

I have been working at DreamWorks Animation

ProsThe company is friendly towards its employees and tries to maintain a work/life balance. There is crunch time, but this mostly seems to affect the artists and not the software developers or other support staff. You get to see your name in movie credits as well!

ConsSoftware project scheduling and organization has room for improvement. However, missed deadlines do not automatically result in overtime, as management understands the complexity of the software used to create the movies.

Advice to Senior ManagementLeadership could take a more active role in overseeing technological infrastructure improvements, as the demanding nature of the computer animation software means we are constantly running into limitations with both manpower and computer power.

great place to start out

Intern (Current Employee)

I have been working at DreamWorks Animation

Pros: gree lunches, easy going environment and atmosphere. everyone is laidback and easy… Cons: promotions don't seem as common. there are 2 separate offices… Advice to Senior Management: increase pay for entry level positions and value feedback more. have… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Great Learning Experience

Marketing Intern (Former Employee)

I worked at DreamWorks Animation

Pros: Great Name Good Internship Program People genuinely care about your progress and giving… Cons: Unpaid Require a lot of hours for an unpaid internship Did not give enough… Advice to Senior Management: While the internship program is very well laid out and planned, give your interns more substantial… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on DreamWorks Animation.

Worked for DreamWorks Animation? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at DreamWorks Animation reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for DreamWorks Animation CEO Jeffrey Katzenberg. All reviews posted anonymously by DreamWorks Animation employees.