Dress Barn

www.dressbarn.com
  www.dressbarn.com
There are newer employer reviews for Dress Barn

Fun place to work most of the time

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Tucson, AZ
Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Tucson, AZ

I have been working at Dress Barn

Pros

40 % discount on great clothes

Cons

low pay impossible to get a raise. too many hoops to jump through with no reward other than silly grade school stuff.

Concentrate a little more on your employees and a little less on contests and goals. People will work hard when paid well. That is the reason we work.

186 Other Employee Reviews for Dress Barn (View Most Recent)

Lousy - would rather be a prostitute than ever work for Dress Barn-worse place to work in the world

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Anthem, AZ
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Anthem, AZ

I have been working at Dress Barn

Pros

None. There are NONE. Nothing positive whatsoever about Dress Barn. Management is rotten. Terrible. Horrible.

Cons

Low class managers/dirty tricks played with sales/coworkers steal your sales/constant pressure for sales per hr/items sold. Ruthless and biiter rivalry. Management encourages friction. Nothing you ever do will be good enough-great sales-get beat up for not opening credit cards-you must open credit cards or suffer horrific abuse. Just a really bad work environment. 100% turn over. Dress Barn likes it that way. The D.M. dressed like she was going to slop the pigs. No class. Lousy pay. They run these stupid contests where you are beat up hour after hour to like sell sweaters in 120 degrees. The only thing you get from the contest is like a candy bar or something stupid. Terrible-horrible-awful place to work-just terrible-cannot say enough bad things about the experience. No class. Just nasty.Oh and you have to keep your own records by using stick figures on a piece of paper - no efficient technology to use...you actualy have to use STICK FIGURES - my God.

Stop treating people like machines. The contests are stupid. You use people and throw them away. You have no respect for anyone. Plus your business model is so out of date. Archaic. You people are just louses in every sense of the word.

UNDER PREASSURE

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Dress Barn

Pros

Great discount to any employees 40% off on regular priced items and 20% off on sale items. Even things that go to 50%off.

Cons

There is way too much preassure at DB. It's really not worth it. Goals are more attainable if there isn't individual goals. There is no incentives to goals only pressure. You have to make at least $128 dollars per hour worked (when you start) it goes up after a couple of months to $134 when you do so you make it to "PROS" (after 3 months) which just raises your goal to $291 per hour worked. If you do not meet your "goals" you are "let go". On top of the money you have to open credit cards and keep your "spread" (percentage of opened credit cards per transaction) under 12. And as if this were not enough you have to host "VIP" parties (think Mary kay party) through out the quarter. This also counts againts you if you do not host parties.

Customer's always feel pressured and complaining about it. Every one thinks we're on comission since it is the "pushy" sale tactics they make us do. We are not comissioned and yet we are expected to sale as if we were.
    I feel that for the minimum wage most employees are being paid it is EXTREMELY unfair. Here we are working our butts off to sale over priced items for DB.
    It explains why the turn-over in this company is so bad.

Managers need to chill. We understand that they are too getting pressure from UPPER management but when we are put under stress and pressure from that you won't get results from us. It just makes us even more stressed which ends up in employees quitting after a month or two.

There are newer employer reviews for Dress Barn