Dress Barn
www.dressbarn.com Mahwah, NJ 5000+ Employees

UNDER PREASSURE

Sales Associate (Current Employee)
Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Dress Barn

ProsGreat discount to any employees 40% off on regular priced items and 20% off on sale items. Even things that go to 50%off.

ConsThere is way too much preassure at DB. It's really not worth it. Goals are more attainable if there isn't individual goals. There is no incentives to goals only pressure. You have to make at least $128 dollars per hour worked (when you start) it goes up after a couple of months to $134 when you do so you make it to "PROS" (after 3 months) which just raises your goal to $291 per hour worked. If you do not meet your "goals" you are "let go". On top of the money you have to open credit cards and keep your "spread" (percentage of opened credit cards per transaction) under 12. And as if this were not enough you have to host "VIP" parties (think Mary kay party) through out the quarter. This also counts againts you if you do not host parties.

Customer's always feel pressured and complaining about it. Every one thinks we're on comission since it is the "pushy" sale tactics they make us do. We are not comissioned and yet we are expected to sale as if we were.
I feel that for the minimum wage most employees are being paid it is EXTREMELY unfair. Here we are working our butts off to sale over priced items for DB.
It explains why the turn-over in this company is so bad.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagers need to chill. We understand that they are too getting pressure from UPPER management but when we are put under stress and pressure from that you won't get results from us. It just makes us even more stressed which ends up in employees quitting after a month or two.

MANAGEMENT REALLY AFFECTS THE ENTIRE ATMOSPHERE OF STORE STAFF

SENIOR SALES ASSOCIATE (Current Employee)
California, MD

I have been working at Dress Barn

Pros: Discount on clothes, other staff, helping customers get fabulous outfits,… Cons: store & assistant managers not doing their job, not communicating, not staffing/ scheduling efficiently district and regional managers not making store… Advice to Senior Management: lot of great ideads and concepts but not enough staff… More

I have a great experience with the people that I work with

Sales Associate (Current Employee)
Laurel, MD

I have been working at Dress Barn

Pros: 1. Management and employer's are great people to work… Cons: 1. The pay sucks. 2. have to get certain amount of charge cards… Advice to Senior Management: Keep being the best managers ever! More

There are newer reviews on Dress Barn.

Worked for Dress Barn? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Dress Barn reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Dress Barn CEO David R. Jaffe. All reviews posted anonymously by Dress Barn employees.